Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old November 5, 2014   #16
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Losers, I'm a UT Long Horn fan.

No they are called the Aggies.

Worth
Yep! The Aggies.
"The nickname "Aggie" is common at land-grant or "Ag" (agriculture) schools in many states." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_A%26M_Aggies
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2014   #17
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I like the Horny Frogs better.

UT's football program has been in the dumps for a long time now.

My girlfriend is a big fan of Auburn, so we watch a lot of college football.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2014   #18
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
I like the Horny Frogs better.

UT's football program has been in the dumps for a long time now.

My girlfriend is a big fan of Auburn, so we watch a lot of college football.
#6 ranked HornFrogs

I like all the old SWC teams.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2014   #19
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Auburn games are a great experience. It's rare to me to see 87,000 people in one building getting along so well. I've been to three games there and never saw anyone in a bad mood. People are extremely polite and friendly.

I think Auburn and Alabama have the best rivalry in the country. When you live in that area, everyone picks a side. It's Roll Tide or War Eagle, and there's no in-between.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2014   #20
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Jalapeno M is buy far the best Jalapeno to grow.

Worth
You know I would have called it Jalapeno X, just sounds cool!
I never grew them, but not sure why? I like them a lot, the flavor is one of the best! Unique! One problem i seem to have with jalapeno is they're just as hot coming out! I often sing the Johnny Cash song Ring of Fire, when the moments calls for it.
drew51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2014   #21
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Eat a whole bottle of pickled Tabasco peppers and see what happens.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2014   #22
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Auburn games are a great experience. It's rare to me to see 87,000 people in one building getting along so well. I've been to three games there and never saw anyone in a bad mood. People are extremely polite and friendly.

I think Auburn and Alabama have the best rivalry in the country. When you live in that area, everyone picks a side. It's Roll Tide or War Eagle, and there's no in-between.

Well here it is MSU and U of M. Nothing else matters...
OK, so MSU plays Ohio State tomorrow. A good one too! MSU is my Alma Mater. Rose Bowl Champs! Yes! See you guys in the playoffs, if you make it?
Old November 7, 2014   #23
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Eat a whole bottle of pickled Tabasco peppers and see what happens.

Worth
My favorite peppers are Scotch Bonnets, so they do a good job too! I actually only use them for jerk sauce. Way too hot to eat fresh! I did find one with little heat, but I don't like it.
Hey thanks in other threads for pointing out Tex Mex peppers and other products you like. I book marked those threads for later reference.

Last edited by drew51; November 7, 2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old November 7, 2014   #24
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
Well here it is MSU and U of M. Nothing else matters...
OK, so MSU plays Ohio State tomorrow. A good one too! MSU is my Alma Mater. Rose Bowl Champs! Yes! See you guys in the playoffs, if you make it?
Cool MSU is your Alma Mater. I'm hoping the MSU vs Ohio State is on ABC locally. Is it at Ohio State? No matter where it's played ...just beat OS.
Old November 7, 2014   #25
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Fooled You is a heatless variety I have grown. They taste like green bells, though, I wasn't a fan. Jalapeno M is a standard cheap variety. I have had them go from heatless in the spring when it was wet to very hot in the late summer when it was dry. I suspect that you can reduce the heat of hot peppers by giving them a lot of water.
So far, nobody has written about growing the Senorita Jalapeno, so if I can get some seeds or find transplants - I'll try them and revive this thread next year. The Fooled You Jalapeno, I know I have seen that one at a local plant store. I think it was in 2013. Something there just rings a bell.

Plant store? I wasn't sure if that is the right description or not. It is a local mom and pop shop that sells mostly plants. It is not a nursery because they don't plant and grow their plants. They get shipments that they water and sell to the public. I never thought about it before. One way or other, we try to support local M&P shops as much as we can.
Old November 8, 2014   #26
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Cool MSU is your Alma Mater. I'm hoping the MSU vs Ohio State is on ABC locally. Is it at Ohio State? No matter where it's played ...just beat OS.
It's at MSU. Well distracting from the terrible weather. I would hate to play in it, but watching is ok!
I cleaned my garden, picked the last peppers. Drying the last round for the year now. Some Brazilian Starfish, Uyababa, Lemon Drop. Grilled the last of the Green chili peppers, for later use. A great year, sad it's over. Well it's not over. I have 5 I'm overwintering!
Old November 8, 2014   #27
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Over the next 4 days, I have to bring in the peppers, purple hull peas, and tomatoes because next Wednesday WINTER begins here. They're saying lows around 35F and highs in the 40s. Sounds like frost weather to me.
Old November 9, 2014   #28
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Over the next 4 days, I have to bring in the peppers, purple hull peas, and tomatoes because next Wednesday WINTER begins here. They're saying lows around 35F and highs in the 40s. Sounds like frost weather to me.

Yeah here we have had those conditions for 2 weeks. Yes a few frosts. But next week Wednesday lows are the mid 20's so it's time. I still have some cacti out, as they can take frosts, but everything else is in. Lettuce is in a cold frame. Seeing how well it will do.