Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 29, 2015   #1
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Default Come to the Dwarf Project area to celebrate! 10 year anniversary!

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39176

Please share whatever you wish to share - as a participant, grower, observer - whatever!
Old January 9, 2016   #2
iraacorn
Tomatovillian™

Hi Craig,

It's been a little while since i visited Tomatoville. I don't seem to be able to access the Dwarf Project.
But in the meantime your call to celebrate the 10th Anniversary got me thinking we should do something special at the 2016 Heritage harvest Festival regarding the Dwarf Project as a part of the Festival's 10th Anniversary Celebration. Let's talk about this. In the meantime can you make it so I can vist the Dwarf project section on Tomatoville.
Ira
iraacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2016   #3
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Hey Ira! Glad to see you...that sounds really good. I can't do anything about member access, but will certainly do what I can so that can happen ASAP!
Old March 12, 2016   #4
Junebug2016
Tomatovillian™

Default Would love to see it!

For some reason I get automatically logged out every time I click on the link to the Dwarf Project. I would love to see it. Is there a way to fix the link? Thanks!
Junebug2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2016   #5

Default Planting 4 dwarfs today

Hi All,

I planted 2 Rosella Purple which I tried last year and loved the flavor. Deep, rich, complex, just a touch of sweetness. It was not super productive last year. Maybe I got 15 tomatoes from it all season but this is the first time I could grow a Beefsteak at all because I live so close to the ocean and stays too cool.

Last year I also planted New Big Dwarf. It is big, beautiful red beefsteak. I thought the flavor was just ok. Way better than anything you can get in the store but didn't make it back into my garden this year. I will say that it was the most productive plant I could imagine. I think I got around 70 tomatoes from a 4 foot plant. Amazing.

So trying this year, Dwarf Emerald Green and Dwarf Tasmanian Chocolate. We will see what happens.

Hope everyone has a great tomato season.

Old May 2, 2017   #6
EarlyBird
Tomatovillian™

I've got a red Rosella dwarf in the ground right now, putting out flowers. It's happy and healthy but not rocking and rolling yet. We've had a couple of hot weekends so far this Spring, and they seem to really respond to that, but still it's been fairly cool, and windy.

I'll be sure to report back how this works out.
EarlyBird is offline   Reply With Quote