Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 25, 2018   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Getting Interested 2019

I've been trying to write some positive things about gardening - after all, that's why I joined this Tomatoville site.

Depending on where and how you are growing things - getting revved up for the next growing season starts months ahead. I'll be growing things in both 5 gallon buckets of pro mix and a few things in raised beds that have RKN and FW3 in the soil. Not everything is affected so much by those two soil problems

In the raised beds will be onions and peppers. I have seen onions grow well in the infected soil here. Purslane would take over like the weed it is if I watered it. I've also seen pepper plants grow in the soil here - some were stunted, but that could be due to user error. I'm interested in trying them again. Peppers and onions are very cheap here, so if the crops fail, so be it. If they do well, I will proudly let you know all about it.

As for the container growing - I have a lot to learn, and learning can be a good thing.

For those who have read my recent posts - you know what this thread is for. I could sit around and worry and mope or I can start doing things to change it. I choose to change it.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote