Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old August 7, 2018   #181
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I'll even add some Rosa de Zauretz seeds, 2016 seeds,if you don't have them already, from the town in Spain called Zauretz, and I have the description somewhere here, well everything is always somewhere.

My seeds from Charleen in France.
I did find the description from the one above, sent to me by Charleen in France close to the border with Spain.

Will also send you Negro de Olmeda, the original of what became known as Kumato.

Baikal, as you know is from the island of Mallorca. You weren't the only one who had trouble understanding him,so now we have Nicolas from main land Spain who has joined Tville. It was Nicolas all along who was translating for Baikal, so now one can interact with Nicolas directly.The two of them work together now and Nicolas knows English very well.

I remember you saying that the Reinhard Green Heart you got from the seed offer didn't germinate,but the other two did.

Shawn said something had happened with his growout of the green one,but didn't know that at first.

The good news is that I'm sure I can get you good green heart seeds from someone who has been interacting with Reinhard directly as I was originally.

Finally,in your other thread you mentioned a Stanley plum tree.

When my grandfather bought the land that became our farm there were two of those trees already there and were already about 30 ft high,we called them Italian Prune plum trees, sweet and delicious, I still remember them .

https://www.google.com/search?q=stan...&bih=815&dpr=1

Carolyn
Old August 17, 2018   #182
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Bombeta.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0343.jpg (517.7 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0348.jpg (318.2 KB, 235 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2018   #183
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Bombeta.
Vladimír
First time I've seen it and you promised me you'd save lots of seeds for ones I told you I'd send.

With that little point at the end it reminds me very much of Riesentraube fruits which have the same kind of pointed bottom.

I have to wonder if there's any connection at all between the two despite having different names.

Bombeta is supposed to be from Spain, and Riesentraube was know to be found in several countries in Europe. And what the Spanish brought back from South America ended up in Portugal/Spain,which were one country at the time.

And yes,it took several centuries of accidental cross pollinations and mutations before we ended up with the wonderful, at least to me,HUGE diversity of varieties we now have, from especially Spain.

Carolyn
Old August 30, 2018   #184
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
First time I've seen it and you promised me you'd save lots of seeds for ones I told you I'd send.

With that little point at the end it reminds me very much of Riesentraube fruits which have the same kind of pointed bottom.

I have to wonder if there's any connection at all between the two despite having different names.

Bombeta is supposed to be from Spain, and Riesentraube was know to be found in several countries in Europe. And what the Spanish brought back from South America ended up in Portugal/Spain,which were one country at the time.

And yes,it took several centuries of accidental cross pollinations and mutations before we ended up with the wonderful, at least to me,HUGE diversity of varieties we now have, from especially Spain.

Carolyn
As I wrote somewhere, I put a bag on one inflorescence. Meanwhile, these fruits are green, but I hope theySo far, these fruits are green, but I hope they get red. I would not like to send seeds from unprotected flowers. But I also take the seeds from those fruits on the bowl for sure .
Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; August 30, 2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old August 30, 2018   #185
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Zamorano, beautiful, tasty tomatoes with a reliable harvest.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0146Zamo.jpg (426.7 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0131Zamo.jpg (300.9 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0132Zamo.jpg (393.8 KB, 213 views)
Old September 1, 2018   #186
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Family Heritage.
In 2013, Baikal sent me a tomato seed with a note written: It has been grown in the family for more than 60 years. I thought it was a tomato that was grown in his family.
But Baikal brought me out of the wrong with he getting the seeds from someone girl from the spanish forum infojardin.

Vladimír
The seeds of this tomato were marked by Baikal as Rosa Aragon. Great beef 250 to 400 grams.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0387.jpg (336.7 KB, 202 views)
Old September 1, 2018   #187
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
The seeds of this tomato were marked by Baikal as Rosa Aragon. Great beef 250 to 400 grams.
Vladimír
And Rosa Aragon I know as well.

://www.gohttpsogle.com/search?q=Rosa+Aragon+spanish+tomato&hl=en&source=l nms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwtI-JnZrdAhXnUt8KHQ8dB6sQ_AUICSgA&biw=1706&bih=815&dpr =1

Carolyn
Old September 1, 2018   #188
bjbebs
Tomatovillian™

Salobre, Gallego and Zambrano in the 3 pictures. Big, juicy, red tomatoes with a few near 2lbs. These plants will go well into October. Thank you Vlad for the seed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180831_180545.jpg (606.7 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg 20180831_181216.jpg (603.2 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg 20180831_181604.jpg (572.5 KB, 189 views)
bjbebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2018   #189
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbebs View Post
Salobre, Gallego and Zambrano in the 3 pictures. Big, juicy, red tomatoes with a few near 2lbs. These plants will go well into October. Thank you Vlad for the seed.
Yes, I've grown all three, or had someone grow them for me and where they are grown,in a good year they do very well.

Carolyn
Old September 30, 2018   #190
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn,
today I have dried the Bombet seeds. Once they dry up, I'll pack them and send them to you. Seeds are of two mature (bagged) fruits, about one hundred, I will not try their germination. To do this I will add business seeds of the new Czech cherry variety JAHODO. I have not grown it yet, but those who cultivated it praise it.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0121.JPG (24.1 KB, 164 views)
Old October 17, 2018   #191
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

The seeds of Bombeta and Jahodo are already ready and I will send them this week. I look forward to the seeds from you. You have my address, I have sent it to you several times.
Vladimír
Old October 17, 2018   #192
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
The seeds of Bombeta and Jahodo are already ready and I will send them this week. I look forward to the seeds from you. You have my address, I have sent it to you several times.
Vladimír
Yes, we both have each others home address and here's what I will be sending you

Rosa de Zauretz,originally from Charleen who lives and gardens on the French/Spanish border

Negro de Olmeda, if I can find the seeds,originally from Paco in Spain

Reinhard's Green Heart,not so sure,need to make another contact.

Carolyn
Old October 17, 2018   #193
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn,
thank you in advance.
Vladimír
PS.:Tomorrow I'm going to the post office
Old October 18, 2018   #194
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

I sent the seeds today
Vladimír
Old October 28, 2018   #195
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I sent the seeds today
Vladimír
And I got them 3 days ago,thanks so much and as promised will send you seeds for

Rosa de Zarautz and Negro de Olmeda next week.

Carolyn, and still have to call Neil to see if he still has seeds for Reinhard's Green Heart.