Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 2, 2013   #1
peppero
Tomatovillian™

Default carbon copy

i have been enjoying carbon copy for a few days now and i must say they do have a great taste. production is average at this time but will probably improve.

jon
peppero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2013   #2
Ken4230
Tomatovillian™

I have three plants that are just now starting to ripen. They are not really big plants, but they are loaded with 1" to 1 1/2" tomatoes.
It looks like some of mine are going to have small green shoulders. I almost pulled one just now to see how they taste.
Ken4230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2013   #3
dipchip2000
Tomatovillian™

Mine are all over 7ft and loaded with tomatoes. Yes some green shoulders are normal. Do not pick by color alone but by feel of the fruit. They will produce more and better flavor as the weather gets hot and dry. I have been picking them for about two weeks here in Oklahoma. I am still waiting for more responses from other growers. I still think it is the most awesome cherry tomato that I have ever eaten. Keep me informed
thanks
ron
dipchip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2013   #4
peppero
Tomatovillian™

ron i just picked some more that i planted in another location. i like the look, size and taste. i want to thank you for sending these to me.

jon
Old July 3, 2013   #5
travis
Tomatovillian™

Questions for Carbon Copy growers ...

What variations in fruit size are y'all getting?

What variations in fruit shape? For example, round cherries, flattened round cherries, single round cherries, double round (boat shaped), little beefsteak fruit about the size one would call "cocktail" tomatoes, etc.?

Anyone getting clear epidermis fruit, so that the ripe fruit appears more "purple" than a darker maroon or brick red with yellow epidermis?

Any other observations?
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2013   #6
peppero
Tomatovillian™

travis most of what i have so far are about 1 to 1-1/4 and round . that i it for now.

jon
Old July 4, 2013   #7
Ken4230
Tomatovillian™

travis: The six i picked this afternoon off three separate clusters were identical sextuplets, 1" high and 1 1/4" in diameter with 3/16" green shoulders. I was curious enough that i put a mike on them.
I still have one that is almost 1 1/2". All the clusters are pretty much the same. Your epidermis question forced me to eat another one. I have the "dark maroon with yellow epidermis." At least, i think i do.

ron: We just ate our first two this afternoon and they didn't let us down. To my wife, a tomato is just a tomato, but this one got her attention. Thanks to you, i have found my cherry/salad tomato.
I will have some CC suckers in the ground by dark tomorrow. Thanks again, ron, it was really nice of you.

Ken
Ken4230 is offline   Reply With Quote