Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 7, 2016   #1
Deborah
Riding The Crazy Train Again

Default What Are You Harvesting?

What's everyone eating now from your garden?
"The righteous one cares for the needs of his animal". Proverbs 12:10
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #2
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Just took the last spinach harvest out last night (always goes to seed ~June 10 with long days) and replaced with bush bean seeds. We're also getting lots of lettuce, radishes, broccoli, garlic chives, kale, and asparagus! Sugar snap pea harvest should start in the next few days too!
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #3
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Were pickimg tomatoes, strawberries, beans, cucumber, zucchini, squash, garlic, onion, oranges, herbs of all sorts and a few bluberries. Waiting on peppers and watermelons.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #4
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Just starting on the tomatoes I started growing in Jan. Independence day and homeslice... both are very good tomatoes. strawberries, asparagus and I see the swiss chard is almost ready.
Old June 7, 2016   #5
maxjohnson
Tomatovillian™

Not much, it's summer here. I have broccoli/cabbage/brussel/kale leaves I can steam. I grew sorrel and parsley to have some perennial, and they goes in soup. My purple passion asparagus I grew last year from roots are sprouting a lot since April and I can't eat them fast enough. I have Egyptian walking onion all year round.

I'm growing a few summer crops right now, squash, zucchini, okra, Egyptian spinach and malabar spinach. Also yacon, which I'm looking forward to harvest end of year. All tomatoes are dead from diseases so my tomato season is over, but I'm taking my chance to grow some Sungold and Ambrosia to get my fix until next year.

I like the idea of having more perennial-ish plants so I don't have to do much work during summer which is too humid here. Successfully propagated two purple tree collards but they are still tiny. I'm thinking about growing some walking stick kale now. Where can I get these?

Last edited by maxjohnson; June 7, 2016 at 05:12 PM.
maxjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #6
beck3465
Tomatovillian™

Tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, long beans... Eggplant is almost ready. Lettuce and spinach are about done due to the heat.
beck3465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #7
Sunflowerhill
Tomatovillian™

I have picked (and eaten ) two pickling cucumbers, 1 bell pepper and 2 jalapeno peppers! I have a yellow squash baby that may be ready in the next week. I am SO ready for tomatoes, but I know I won't get any for another month or so... I planted a little late...
Old June 7, 2016   #8
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

My very first high tunnel tomatoes are coming in. Agatha was first. It's also delicious.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #9
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Mangoes.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #10
KC.Sun
Tomatovillian™

Oh yum mangoes!

I'm waiting for my first tomatoes to come in.

Harvesting garlic soon. Already started on my scapes...can't wait too long to eat those.
KC.Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #11
JaxRmrJmr
Tomatovillian™

Tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, eggplant, sweet peppers, green beans, potatoes, and lots of herbs.

Hot peppers and okra should coming along shortly.
JaxRmrJmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #12
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

I planted all tomatoes this year. I am shooting for having ripe toms by July 1st. Seems like most varieties of heirlooms I picked are 80-90 day, so next year I am going to plant a couple of early hybrids for earlier picking. But so far everything is looking very good.

I did plant 3 pepper plants in containers and they are also doing well.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #13
Jonnyhat
Tomatovillian™

Strawberries, Cabbage, Broccoli, Kale, fresh herbs, Asian greens, arugula, romaine, Boston bib, Mache
Jonnyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #14
Johnniemar
Tomatovillian™

Strawberries, lettuce, kale, chard, one tomato so far, romaine starting to come in.
Johnniemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #15
Jonnyhat
Tomatovillian™

we had the perfect weather for lettuce in zone 6 this year, a warm enough march april, so these took off, just been pulling outer leafs to eat and letting them head up.

Mache is an amazing leafy green, super cold tolerant and has the best flavor
Jonnyhat is offline   Reply With Quote