Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 21, 2017   #1
Don S
Tomatovillian™

Default Latest revision of TODD, the TomatO Description Database

TODD6 NOW AVAILABLE WITH OVER 1000 TOMATOES !

The latest revision of TODD, The TomatO Description Datasheet is now available with searchable and filterable details on more than 1000 varieties, just in time to help you select plants to grow for 2018. You can download the datasheet and the instructions for its use by entering the following dropbox URL’s into your browser.

TODD6:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uer7c1aw97...ODD6.xlsx?dl=0
INTRO TO TODD6:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv6ae769mg...ODD6.docx?dl=0

If you have not heard of this before, TODD is an Excel Datasheet (which also works in Numbers and Open Office apps) containing data from sellers and growers (many of them Tomatovillians) with descriptive summaries of 20 traits of each varieties' fruits and plant. It is intended to help gardeners select plants that have specific combinations of traits by using the datasheet filtering and sorting options. For example, when I chose orange, cherry-sized, round, early-season tomatoes, TOOD yielded seven selections (I'm going to try Orange Paruche from this list next year). You can customize it yourself by editing the entries or adding new varieties.
Don S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2017   #2
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Thanks! People have put in lots of hours on this list. It should help many people to figure things out in the future.
Old October 21, 2017   #3
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

Great job! I love to run searches for say "Virginia tomatoes." Very quick & easy.
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2017   #4
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

That's just outstanding! I've been slowly working on a spreadsheet of the Project Dwarfs, but this is infinitely more complete. There are a lot of advantages in having a spreadsheet with pertinent data that is quickly and easily accessible.

I do have one request for your consideration -- could you also post this as an "XLR" spreadsheet for those that only have Microsoft Works? (It can be opened from the Microsoft Excel File Viewer, but it is going to be less handy that way.)

-GG

Last edited by Greatgardens; October 22, 2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Can't open TODD in Microsoft works...
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2017   #5
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Is there a description for the 'uses'? F? S? CFS? CFJS? FO? ECT..

Thanks,

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2017   #6
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Yes there is. There are 2 documents to download there. First the tomatoes and descriptions and also the Into to TODD document.
Old October 23, 2017   #7
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgardens View Post
That's just outstanding! I've been slowly working on a spreadsheet of the Project Dwarfs, but this is infinitely more complete. There are a lot of advantages in having a spreadsheet with pertinent data that is quickly and easily accessible.

I do have one request for your consideration -- could you also post this as an "XLR" spreadsheet for those that only have Microsoft Works? (It can be opened from the Microsoft Excel File Viewer, but it is going to be less handy that way.)

-GG
Open Office is free and can open spreadsheets with xlr, xlsx, xls, and many more extensions. You also can save a spreadsheet in a wide range of formats. https://www.openoffice.org/
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2017   #8
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Open Office is free and can open spreadsheets with xlr, xlsx, xls, and many more extensions. You also can save a spreadsheet in a wide range of formats. https://www.openoffice.org/
Dutch
Thanks, Dutch. Good to know, and I'll download it and at the least, use it to convert such things as the XLSX.

-GG
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
database