Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Old 5 Hours Ago   #6736
bower
Tomatovillian™

Worth, what are you doing with your chicken thighs? I am way bored with curry and need to change it up. I ate pizza and left the pack of thighs to thaw for later.
Hey I bought a lime!! Big fella by local standards.. a whole dollar of course. Now what to do with it....
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Hours Ago   #6737
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Chicken thighs, meet lime...

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Hour Ago   #6738
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

I'm so far behind on this thread. Below are just personal likes.

Imp, I saw where the mushrooms recipe called for a half a cup of bottled lemon juice. I wonder if fresh squeezed lemons would make any difference?
I'm kind of odd when it comes to mushrooms. I like raw button mushrooms - the earthy taste and crisp bite is what wakes up my taste buds. I haven't found those qualities in other types of mushrooms.

Worth, I like crawdad tails when cooked whole in Old Bay crab-boil or my own (Which I have not perfected.) I like the meat to taste almost raw, again it's the texture and earthy flavor.

Don, I am one of those who loves fried chicken livers, but nobody else in my family likes them. Unlike my responses above - fried chicken livers I prefer to no longer be red or pink inside. The other use is for fishing with chicken livers
Old 50 Minutes Ago   #6739
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
Worth, what are you doing with your chicken thighs? I am way bored with curry and need to change it up. I ate pizza and left the pack of thighs to thaw for later.
Hey I bought a lime!! Big fella by local standards.. a whole dollar of course. Now what to do with it....
I know you're somewhere in Newfoundland, Canada, but a dollar for "A" lime? If it's legal, I'll mail you bunch of them. Lol, it must be a huge lime. (Joking aside)

What not to do with a lime is a better question, and one I don't have an answer for. Use a lime in a marinade for any meat I can think of. Eat it raw, squeeze it into water or tea. Put the juice in salsa or picante sauce. Make a dessert with it. For me, lemons and limes have their own category - they wake up the sense of smell and taste, and adds acidity.