Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old April 12, 2020   #1
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Default SDtarting Tiny Tim Tomatoes & Squash question?

By days end I'll have the Tiny Tim seeds started I'll plant a couple now and in 3 weeks 2 more so once I harvest the fist batch the second will be ready just when the 1st ones are done producing. This year because I grow bag garden I'm thinking of starting some bush variety Table King acorn Squash in the next week I'm in zone 5 so will a early start help me avoid squash bugs. Or should I start them by direst sow in the first week of June??? I'm just not sure what would be best early seed or late... Opinions please.
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020   #2
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Good Morning

If I was you; I would never do direct sow with Squash Seeds. If you plant a Hot Pepper plant with you Squash Plants will keep those Bugs at Bay.

That's a secret but this is Easter. I will share on this Day in Honor of Dr. Carulyn.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2020   #3
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

MRSJustice I never heard of growing a hot pepper plant to prevent squash bugs interesting idea though. Tanks for the tip.
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote