Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 16, 2016   #31
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I have some seeds too now (thank u swappers).

Charline, do you have a guess as to the country of origin for Black Amber? Is it France, or do you think it came from somewhere else?

Any grow reports from 2015?
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2016   #32
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post

Charline, do you have a guess as to the country of origin for Black Amber? Is it France, or do you think it came from somewhere else?

Yes,it's from France,and yes she hopes to get possibly other varieties from him as well.

And yes,she sent seeds of Black Amber to Gary

Charline said she would, and did, that is do seed production for several ones, I just counted them and there are many, that are special, including Black Amber which she sent separately several months ago but had to wait until later until the others were Ok for seed production.

I'm looking at the post mark now of the others and they were sent on Dec 17th, 2015.

I'll be offering all of the newer ones plus Black Amber in my upcoming seed offer but need to find the time to ask her about the newer ones she sent as to det,indet, although I think all are indet, fruit color and shape and if any are PL.

All my thanks to Charline for not only doing the seed production but sending some very interesting ones, especially the one from Versailles, just looking how to spell V on the seed pack and saw that that one was from Joseph,who she got Black Amber from,

Carolyn
Old January 16, 2016   #33
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

neat. thanks.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #34
imp
Tomatovillian™

I know things have been hectic and messed up for you, carolyn, but this is another thing I can hardly wait for!!! I even emailed the pictures of the Black Amber to Rob at work so he could see ALL those tomatoes on one plant!!! Yeah! And such a beautiful color, too.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #35
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post

I received them in my MMMM package as well. No room for them this year, but high on the list of 2017 possibilities. Hopefully by then there will be more feedback available, especially since Carolyn will be distributing seeds a bit more widely.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote