Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old November 7, 2014   #1
PaddyMc
Tomatovillian™

Default (Pink Furry Boar x Ananas Noir) x Bosque Green Cherry

I told Lee Goodwin, I'd post these, since this cross involves one of his creations - Bosque Green Cherry.
Anyway, these are (Pink Furry Boar x Ananas Noir) x Bosque Green Cherry F1. I'm pretty excited to see the F2's next year, I think there could be some cool combos of stripes and colors on tasty cherry's. I think Bosque Green is a pretty awesome cherry, and I'd like to keep it's taste and texture, but with coloration that makes it easier to identify ripeness.

FY 6-1, FY 6-2, FY 6-3 and FY 6-4

FY 6-4

FY 6-2 and FY 6-1. 6-2 is the main one I'm carrying forward. Nice and sweet, and I like the pink stripes (and core)

JL 8-1. Great, great taste. A bit bigger than I'm looking for (and the "horns" are interesting), but I'll definitely carry it forward as well.

JL 8-2

Seed is available for anyone else who wants to play.

Last edited by PaddyMc; November 7, 2014 at 08:54 AM.
PaddyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2014   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyMc View Post
I told Lee Goodwin, I'd post these, since this cross involves one of his creations - Bosque Green Cherry.
Anyway, these are (Pink Furry Boar x Ananas Noir) x Bosque Green Cherry F1. I'm pretty excited to see the F2's next year, I think there could be some cool combos of stripes and colors on tasty cherry's. I think Bosque Green is a pretty awesome cherry, and I'd like to keep it's taste and texture, but with coloration that makes it easier to identify ripeness.

FY 6-1, FY 6-2, FY 6-3 and FY 6-4

FY 6-4

FY 6-2 and FY 6-1. 6-2 is the main one I'm carrying forward. Nice and sweet, and I like the pink stripes (and core)

JL 8-1. Great, great taste. A bit bigger than I'm looking for (and the "horns" are interesting), but I'll definitely carry it forward as well.

JL 8-2

Seed is available for anyone else who wants to play.
And you might mention that you and I have a dealie going and I expect to offer seeds from many of your crosses in the experimental section of my seed offer in january, just another option to consider. I just said in another post I need to get back to you on that and will this weekend.

Just b'c I'm curious, how many different crosses do you have going right now and will it be mainly F2 and F3's that will be available?

I ask b'c I hate to see someone get your seeds and then plant out just one plant, sometimes two, and then never carry them forward, which has happened in the past with crosses I've offered in my seed offer. And those who offer those crosses really WANT to see the results , thus my own Fall feedback thread. and anything interesting they would like seeds back as well.

Carolyn
Old November 8, 2014   #3
goodwin
Tomatovillian™

Paddy,

Very nice - I would never have thought to put together that combination! I particularly like the blush on both the green and the gold types and the clear skin on the green.

Lee
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2014   #4
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Once again amazing maters cant wait to try out your crosses.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2014   #5
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Hey Paddy,

I received the seeds you sent me today. Thanks much.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks much,

Charley
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2014   #6
goodwin
Tomatovillian™

And I did as well!
You are incredibly generous. I hope to plant them all and I definitely owe you some seed. PM me and let me know what you'd like.
Thanks,
Lee
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2014   #7
PaddyMc
Tomatovillian™

Glad you guys got them! Can't wait to see what they do down in New Mexico!
PaddyMc is offline   Reply With Quote