Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old July 31, 2011   #16
Keiththibodeaux
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfan View Post
I'd love to see them but I refuse to use Facebook or Twitter. I leave them to people like Anthony Weiner.
By his making them public, you do not have to join or use FB in anyway, other than just like any other website where you view pictures, in order to see them.

Keith
Keiththibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011   #17
locteach
Tomatovillian™

Default Amazing

I looked through your FB album tonight and was so enthused by the way you grew the tomato this year. Great work!
locteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2011   #18
guitarer
Tomatovillian™

Default Thanks, locteach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locteach View Post
I looked through your FB album tonight and was so enthused by the way you grew the tomato this year. Great work!
If you read all of the FB posts, you had to note that I sabotaged my watering system at the end of June or so (no thanks to Gardena's German-translation manual & the hottest summer in 70 years!), but I proved, early, that my system DOES work. Gardena's products are great, but the English manuals need improvement. NEVER use the 30-minute manual watering cycle on their computer, if it overlaps the programmed cycles, the computer re-sets to factory settings (NO watering cycles!). Oh, well, next season will ROCK, no hybrids for me next year; my goal is to have a completely-controlled watering system with no wasted water, & to grow the best-tasting/producing heirlooms-only, with little-to-no disease. NOT far-fetched at all, I LOVE working on this - I'll bring a plant planted on 8/2 into the sunroom to have Thanksgiving 'maters!
guitarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2011   #19
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarer View Post
I originally posted my FB photo album on 5/23/11 & it got little (read "no"!) interest. Two months later, when no one else I know around here has even picked one ripe tomato, I've harvested around 80 lbs., & many 1 lb. or over. Please take a few minutes to see if it's more interesting now:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...529a37e&type=1
That's quite a setup you've got there. Looks like you got some big tomatoes out of it as well. How did they taste? What brought you to do that elaborate growing system?

Thanks for posting pictures!

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2011   #20
jackrabbit183
Tomatovillian™

Wow love to see how differently folks garden. Loved your photos, they were very inspirational. I in the bay area and we have so much fog. Sometimes my plants last til November becuz the seasons are different here. Thanks for photos
jackrabbit183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
container garden , drip irrigation , earthbox , hanging garden , tomatoes in pots