Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old June 30, 2010   #16
ASFx2600
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieJason View Post
ASFx: thank you for the response. You have inspired me!

Mischka, When I get the led light project completed I will post on a new thread. Hopefully your wish of "low cost leds" will be realized then.... If your willing to solder a few wires together . I worked in electronic warfare shop for the USAF for 3 yrs, even considering becoming and EE. Might as well put some of that experience to good use besides installing new light fixtures around the house.

Jason
Glad to inspire

Just made a quick video update of my seed starting shelf with LED lights. You can see how nicely everything is growing on that top shelf since the pic in the first post of this thread. That was only about 2 weeks ago. On the left side are my tomatoes.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ni8NaMTSBGE
ASFx2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2010   #17
ASFx2600
Tomatovillian™

*Edit - oops I accidentally updated this thread with my new garden pics instead of my other thread. here's my other thread if you want to see how all my 4x8 raised beds are doing in the 115 degree heat:

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=14671
ASFx2600 is offline   Reply With Quote