Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 4, 2024   #1
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Default 2024 tomatoes and everything else

Planted my first tomato seeds on the 2nd. It has been cloudy and cold and none of my pepper seed planted over a week ago have popped up. A few warm sunny days would help with germination.

I also planted some more broccoli, cabbage and lettuce on the 12th of December and got almost nothing to germinate. These are the same seed I used when I started my seed in October and got nearly 100%germination. I guess if I want spring crops from these I better plant some more soon. My early fall plantings are doing well most of my broccoli have small heads and my cabbage are starting to form heads. I'm not doing the Brussels sprout thing this year. Just too frustrating. Looks like all my lettuce is just about ready to pi9ck so its salad time for us.

Having better luck than last year with my carrots. I have a fair stand and so far they aren't being dug up too bad by the squirrels and such. Mustard greens were terrific this year as have been my nest onions. So good together.

My lemon trees are overwhelming us with lemons and my Calamondin bush is loaded. Despite a half dozen mild freezes or heavy frost they are still looking good. Unlike my Satsuma which got nearly wiped out by that hard freeze last year.
Just ordered some more rootstock seed for this season and some more Butta squash seed.

Happy new year every one!
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote