Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old January 13, 2017   #106
Bio-Ag-Guy
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful!
Bio-Ag-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2017   #107
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Anna German (Herman) is among other great prolific tomato varieties from the late famous Soviet/Russian amateur breeder Igor Maslov, a former spaceship engineer from Moscow region.

He was a father of Cosmonaut Volkov, Gigant Maslova, Korol Rannikh, Samye Luchshie, Vladimir Vysotskiy, Lyudmila Tereshkova and many others tomato varieties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korney19 View Post
My Anna Hermann look like the ones pictured at Tatiana's I think. Did you notice a big difference between the pics at both links? I still have an organza bag full of them outside I have to process, I only had a partial cluster bagged that are fermenting now.

Back to the 100 en pom (aka 100 en rama), are these the correct names for the ones the old man is carrying? Living in Buffalo all my life, 5 minutes from Canada, meant 7th grade French class, not Spanish class, and even that is mostly forgotten now.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR

Last edited by Andrey_BY; February 5, 2017 at 05:53 AM.
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2017   #108
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templeton View Post
bumping this thread coz it looks like the right place to post:
This SH summer I went back to my tomato project seeds and sowed some F4 Snowy Dwarf X Jaune Flammee seeds i had lying around since 2014. Neither parent as far as i can remember had floriferous inflorescences, but of the 10 or so plants in the growout, most had many-flowered inflorescences.
This one had over 100 flowers. They are just starting to colour up, so it will be interesting to see how they taste.
So how did they do/what were your results?
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2017   #109
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

This year, I chose this Spanish tomato to grow. I will mostly grow on two plants:
Gallego
Salobre
Zamorano
Rosa de Huesca
Rosa de Teruel
Morado de la Cabrera
Mozkorra Aretxabaleta
Gigante Castila
Roteňo Andalucia
Negrilo Almaguera
Negro Almeria
Negrito Santiago
Ramallet SL des Cardasar
Ramallet Mugró
Ramallet Bombeta
Ramallet Mallorquín Pequeñito
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2017   #110
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
This year, I chose this Spanish tomato to grow. I will mostly grow on two plants:
Gallego
Salobre
Zamorano
Rosa de Huesca
Rosa de Teruel
Morado de la Cabrera
Mozkorra Aretxabaleta
Gigante Castila
Roteňo Andalucia
Negrilo Almaguera
Negro Almeria
Negrito Santiago
Ramallet SL des Cardasar
Ramallet Mugró
Ramallet Bombeta
Ramallet Mallorquín Pequeñito
Vladimír
Glad to see you are back to Spain. Of those you list I think I know 9 of them. I love the ones from Spain,many from you and many from Ilex. But I have a question for you.

You list Bombeta, a multiflora, as a ramallete,which is also known as a Colgar type.My Bombeta seeds were from you, just labelled Bombeta,no ramallete or de Colgar noted.So is it a de Colgar,or not?

And I had totally forgotten it was you who sent me Bombeta, just found it and need to get seeds out to one of my seed producers.

The seed offer for 2017 is so very late now,as well as my getting seeds out to my seed producers and I know I've let many folks down and feel terrible about that.

If I were 30 years younger that wouldn't have happened since I've been doing seed offers here and there forabout 30 years,my first one here at Tville I think in 2007.

Carolyn
Old May 31, 2017   #111
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

I'm trying Ramallet Bombetta too this year as well as Colgar 100.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2017   #112
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

A hybrid between 2 multifloras.The ruler is 12 inches long:
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2017   #113
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Vladimir

Last edited by MrBig46; May 31, 2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old May 31, 2017   #114
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

I have all the Spanish tomatoes from Baikal, which is from Mallorca. For tomatoes long-stored (hanging) in Mallorca, the name Ramallet is used. There are more than a hundred different varieties of Ramallets. They are mainly used to prepare traditional dishes (roasted bread, garlic and tomato pulp, olive-oil-caked and salted).
I got the tomato under the name Ramallet Bombeta (multiflora) and I keep this name.
Vladimir
P.: This discussion post should be in the thread „Spanish tomatoes in the Czech Republic“. The head is thinking and the hand is doing something different.
Old May 31, 2017   #115
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
I have all the Spanish tomatoes from Baikal, which is from Mallorca. For tomatoes long-stored (hanging) in Mallorca, the name Ramallet is used. There are more than a hundred different varieties of Ramallets. They are mainly used to prepare traditional dishes (roasted bread, garlic and tomato pulp, olive-oil-caked and salted).
I got the tomato under the name Ramallet Bombeta (multiflora) and I keep this name.
Vladimir
P.: This discussion post should be in the thread „Spanish tomatoes in the Czech Republic“. The head is thinking and the hand is doing something different.
I MUST remember

"The head is thinking and the hand is doing something different."

Yes, I've done that many times.

Carolyn
Old February 19, 2018   #116
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Andrey & Vladimir, et al, did you grow Colgar 100 and what were your results? Were they the ones pictured with the old man? Has anybody definitely grown these ribbed/fasciated fruits in the left of the pic?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OLDMAN.JPG (104.0 KB, 162 views)
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2018   #117
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Andrey & Vladimir, et al, did you grow Colgar 100 and what were your results? Were they the ones pictured with the old man? Has anybody definitely grown these ribbed/fasciated fruits in the left of the pic?
Mark, I got what's shown in that picture directly from Paco in Spain several years ago, Not Andrey, not Vladimir, I had the seeds,I distributed them to my seed producers, etc, but they didn't turn out to be what you see there and it was Paco who said he had made a mistake in IDing one as Ribera, etc.

There's lots of info about this situation if you do a search here at Tville. Now that I think about it, you captured that picture, called the old man,in a thread where it was also discussed as I recall.

Carolyn, and yes,I have grown several de Colgar ones,also from Paco.

Colgar Papuo is one and here's another one

100 en pom LL-51(colgar)

Carolyn
Old February 20, 2018   #118
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

Vladimír or other people that have grown these, can we get any more taste/production/etc impressions? (all colgar/ramallet types, not just multiflora)
I got some seeds from the generous Baikal, and I think I will grow for sure the Ramallet Pequenito but not sure what others to try first, there's basically almost no info on them:
Ramallet Mugró
Colgar 100
Ramallet Sant Llorenc
Ramallet Ibiza Blanca
(I think there were one or two more, can't check right now)

From Vladimír's other thread Ramallet Pequenito and Ramallet Bombeta both seem to be nippled red multifloras similar in look to riesentrasube. I will have some seeds next season.

Last edited by zipcode; February 20, 2018 at 04:55 AM.
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2018   #119
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

I do not think Ramallet Mallorquín Pequeñito (Multiflora ) resembles tomato Riesentraube. Perhaps just the size. It's a bigger red cherry tomato and that's all that cherry tomatoes look like. It has strong skin and thick sweet flesh, relatively little tomato juice (with a distinctive tomato flavor). If I used the term used for spaghetti, then Ramallet Mallorquín Pequeñito is al dente. I like it very much. It will be the only little tomato I will grow with Ramallet Bombeta multiflora this year. Ramallet Mugró and also Ramallet SL des Cardassar do not taste me so much (maybe I do not have the right conditions for growing).
Last Ramallet Mallorquín Pequeñito I ate 4.1.2018- taste OK. Last Ramallet Bombeta 15.2.2018, color only yellow, taste pretty good.
Vladimír
PS.: Other photos I do not have (crashed PC me)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1743.JPG (91.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1745.JPG (92.5 KB, 115 views)
Old February 22, 2018   #120
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I'm not sure if the master holds in his right hand only the fruits of one inflorescence. If I had such a bunch of tomatoes, I would have show them differently to see the stopwatch.
Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; February 22, 2018 at 03:19 AM.