Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 1, 2020   #10
KathyDC
Tomatovillian™

Fun topic!

This year's "gems" have been:

1. Karma Purple. My most delicious tomato so far, rich and full-flavored.
2. Blush. It came up as a volunteer originally, and I decided to use it to replace a plant that got eaten early on after transplant. It's been absolutely prolific, and has fought off diseases that took out a plant next to it (so far). I'm also using a new type of cage with it that is very prone to collapsing, and in fact it has collapsed twice, and it's still fine. It's just indestructible and I respect that!
3. Grosse Cotelee. Of my larger tomatoes, this slicer has been very productive. I planted out two plants, unfortunately one of them I had to pull for disease, but the other one is doing fine and still producing a lot. It's also a perfect size for me, just right for one sandwich plus a bite.

"Duds":

1. Perfect Storm. I wanted to like this, I really did. But it succumbed to disease too early, and I found the fruit to be bland.
2. Berkeley Tie-Dye Heart. It tastes good, and is so pretty, but the tomato is so very soft, it's not to my liking.
KathyDC is offline   Reply With Quote