Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 13, 2011   #1
KLorentz
Tomatovillian™

Default Mater Patch Progress.

In the mean time I did some figuring and it looks like I will miss my goal of 100 mater plants by 20. Still 80 plants is still 30 more than normal for me so still pretty good.Just not enough time and the soil is drying fast making it harder to dig but should be done by Tuesday.Broke ground on Bed 6 and should get bed 7 done up afterwards on Monday with bed 8 and bed 9 on Tuesday. Here are some pics.

One of my Red Rock.Flower buds in the center

Thessaloniki

Chapman

Kevin
KLorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2011   #2
tgplp
Tomatovillian™

Looks great! 80 sure is a lot of plants.

Taryn
tgplp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2011   #3
KLorentz
Tomatovillian™

You bet.Got the next bed all dug up. More maters going in Wednesday starting with Shumway's Sensation. Should have Grandfather Ashlock out there too and a few others.Having to extend some of my mater beds to have room for everything. Should be interesting having so many good varieties this year. Also hope for a good enough harvest to sell a few things. Much busier year this year but we should manage even if I am about three weeks behind.

Also the bunny's are back.They nailed two of my Rose maters down to the first true leaves.I know they will grow back.Just a minor setback with these two plants.In the mean time I have dusted all of my plants with Cayenne powder so the damage should subside.At least I wont loose 12 plants this year

Kevin
KLorentz is offline   Reply With Quote