Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 16, 2015   #31
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

We've been having some heavy storms coming through the past few days. The seeds I smaller-sized transplants took the brunt ... mainly my jalapeños but a couple of others. I have some spares but not many of the varieties that I need to replace. 1 pepper plant virtually disappeared (pulverized) while a few other were battered badly. Most all of the Tomatoes survived, one is questionable. The rest of the week doesn't look too terrible weather-wise.
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2015   #32
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Not much progress, the rain continues. I was able to get one middle bed 1/2 filled. I will only have a few hours tomorrow morning to work and then I MUST go to a surprise party. By the time the party is over it will start raining again and it's also supposed to rain on/off all of Sunday too. I guess these middle beds were not meant to happen.
Old June 30, 2015   #33
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

I've been at a standstill the past couple of weeks with over double the amount of rainfall than normal for June. High winds ripped leaves from 50% of my beans and forced me to tie up even the smallest of pepper plants to stakes. Not a good start after planting so late. These guys need a couple straight days of sunshine in a hurry!
The forecast is semi decent for 4th of July weekend with passing thundershowers looming. Maybe I'll be able to get at least another inside bed built, filled and planted.
Old July 1, 2015   #34
lrussillo
Tomatovillian™

Nice! I have raised bed envy.
lrussillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2015   #35
Ed of Somis
Tomatovillian™

I have learned (the hard way)...that it is best to take your time and do your prep work the best you can. It is a bummer to have something that you have to look at every day that bugs you. Nice job and happy growing.
Ed of Somis is offline   Reply With Quote