Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 18, 2006   #1
Patrina_Pepperina
Cross Hemisphere Dwarf Project™ Moderator

Default Calling Southern Hemispherers!

I need some more people for the Dwarf Project this coming season down under. I notice that there are a few more people from Australia here lately, altho I don't know if any of them might be interested. Anyone from New Zealand, South America, South Africa (apart from JabulaZa)?

I haven't heard back from Rosco in NZ - he might not be able to grow many F2s, not sure (he's down for Dopey which is Golden Dwarf Champion (F) X Orange Russian #117 (M)) - but I'd like someone else to help too. Plus I need someone for Bashful (Golden Dwarf Champion (F) X Orange Strawberry (M). You can find out more about the project in the Research and Development Forum.

http://www.tomatoville.com/viewtopic.php?t=279&start=45

I received Dwarf F2 seeds today from Craig, and have posted some to Grub, John4, Ozmantis, Kionga, Cosmic Gardener and JabulaZa.

Patrina
Old August 19, 2006   #2
Patrina_Pepperina
Cross Hemisphere Dwarf Project™ Moderator

I had an email from Rosco and will get some Dopey seeds off to him, so Bashful is the main one needing another grower (besides me) :wink:

While I think of it, a reminder and a plea to those people I sent older seeds from Carolyn last year - Please try to germinate any remaining ones this season so that we can get fresh seeds for these varieties, and help spread them around down under! I can think of no better way of showing our thanks than by growing them and showing them and handing on the baton, so to speak

Patrina