Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old August 9, 2016   #76
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Hey everyone,

Early Ruby, a 125 year old variety originally introduced by Peter Henderson & Co, is now available from our catalog: http://www.twoseedsinapod.com/tomato...354-early-ruby
chancethegardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2016   #77
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

I finally had some time to compile a complete list of the seed varieties we have introduced so far. Vast majority of this list is still commercially only available from us in the US (except the ones which sold out) and for some of them, we are the only commercial source worldwide. You can check the list out at this link: http://www.twoseedsinapod.com/our-seed-introductions
Old November 21, 2016   #78
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Two of our seed introductions are now offered by Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds as well.

http://www.rareseeds.com/mehmet-s-sw...-sweet-pepper/
http://www.rareseeds.com/halep-karasi-eggplant/
Old February 22, 2017   #79
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Our new website has launched after couple months of work (same address at http://twoseedsinapod.com). I would appreciate any feedback regarding the links, menus, shopping process etc. Thank you all.
Old February 27, 2017   #80
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Mehmet,

Your new site looks great, it is easy to navigate, and I think your responsive design is mandatory for future e-commerce. Two months well spent!

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2017   #81
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Hey Steve! Thanks much for feedback. I am happy with this new format as well as it makes site administration and maintenance much easier. I like grower reviews a lot, too. One or two minor issues right now but I think everything overall works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Mehmet,

Your new site looks great, it is easy to navigate, and I think your responsive design is mandatory for future e-commerce. Two months well spent!

Steve
Old February 27, 2017   #82
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I will be growing some Garnet tomatoes that I got the seeds from you. It is one of my top 5 most interesting to grow varieties this year.

The site is growing and looking good.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2017   #83
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Thanks. Garnet is a favorite. Last season Rosella got my attention with its very good flavor, color and yield as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I will be growing some Garnet tomatoes that I got the seeds from you. It is one of my top 5 most interesting to grow varieties this year.

The site is growing and looking good.
Old July 10, 2017   #84
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

It's too early for ripe tomatoes here in the Northeast, but wanted to say thanks to Two Seeds in a Pod for introducing me to Kopek Hayasi, which is loading up with greenies at the moment.

I also wanted to sing the praises of Balik (Erdinc strain) peppers. I've attached a picture of my first ripe Balik, which was flavorful and totally delicious with a nice, but not fiery, heat level. I picked it on July 4 and have already picked another. Balik seems to produce far earlier than other peppers (jalapeno, poblano, Red Peter, etc.) -- it's practically unheard-of to have a ripe pepper on July 4 in New York State. And it's utterly gorgeous!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Balik pepper 2017.JPG (49.9 KB, 86 views)
HudsonValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2017   #85
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

I just got my first two Kapidag Reds off the vine. Pretty tomatoes on a robust plant. I hate to comment on the flavor with the very first fruit . . . but it was a very good, balanced flavor - certainly better than the Big Beef slices I had next to it. We are getting a heat wave this week and I'm interested to see how the taste develops.

I think that my Kopek will be blushing this week too. With the shape of the fruit, I can see why the name means "dog balls" in Turkish!

Waiting on the Tekin's Bulgarian Pink too.

Thanks for the seeds Chance!
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2017   #86
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Always great to get feedback from growers who live in different zones! Balik is one of my favorite hot Turkish peppers. When did you transplant your seedlings? Also, our website is more user-friendly now and any variety reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonValley View Post
It's too early for ripe tomatoes here in the Northeast, but wanted to say thanks to Two Seeds in a Pod for introducing me to Kopek Hayasi, which is loading up with greenies at the moment.

I also wanted to sing the praises of Balik (Erdinc strain) peppers. I've attached a picture of my first ripe Balik, which was flavorful and totally delicious with a nice, but not fiery, heat level. I picked it on July 4 and have already picked another. Balik seems to produce far earlier than other peppers (jalapeno, poblano, Red Peter, etc.) -- it's practically unheard-of to have a ripe pepper on July 4 in New York State. And it's utterly gorgeous!
Old July 12, 2017   #87
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for growing them! Please make sure to save as many seeds as you can for Kapidag Red. As you know, germination rates were low. I only had a few plants last season. Then we had a terrible drought (we don't have irrigation in the whole field, yet). Then I accidentally ran over the plants with my tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjmartin View Post
I just got my first two Kapidag Reds off the vine. Pretty tomatoes on a robust plant. I hate to comment on the flavor with the very first fruit . . . but it was a very good, balanced flavor - certainly better than the Big Beef slices I had next to it. We are getting a heat wave this week and I'm interested to see how the taste develops.

I think that my Kopek will be blushing this week too. With the shape of the fruit, I can see why the name means "dog balls" in Turkish!

Waiting on the Tekin's Bulgarian Pink too.

Thanks for the seeds Chance!
Old July 12, 2017   #88
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancethegardener View Post
Always great to get feedback from growers who live in different zones! Balik is one of my favorite hot Turkish peppers. When did you transplant your seedlings? Also, our website is more user-friendly now and any variety reviews would be greatly appreciated.
I didn't record the exact date, but I planted all of my seedlings for tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants between May 21 and June 2. The Balik that produced the July 4th pepper had a couple of blossoms when it went out, and it's doing really well -- I just picked another one yesterday. Thanks so much for introducing me! I'm also growing Halep Karesi eggplant, which is blossoming now.

I'll post reviews to your website when I have a picture of what they do over the course of the season. I'll definitely place an order for next year, too. Will you have new Turkish varieties for 2018?
Old July 12, 2017   #89
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

P.S. - I didn't sow any Kapidag Red seeds. Would it help if I returned them?
Old July 12, 2017   #90
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

As I harvest seeds for new varieties, I make them available on the website. Once seeds for all varieties from a season are ready, I send a newsletter with the new varieties. If you would like to receive the newsletter, you may sign up at http://twoseedsinapod.com/newsletter/. I generally send an e-mail once or twice a year.

Please keep the seeds. You may want to plant them next year. I believe that we will be able increase seeds for it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonValley View Post
I didn't record the exact date, but I planted all of my seedlings for tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants between May 21 and June 2. The Balik that produced the July 4th pepper had a couple of blossoms when it went out, and it's doing really well -- I just picked another one yesterday. Thanks so much for introducing me! I'm also growing Halep Karesi eggplant, which is blossoming now.

I'll post reviews to your website when I have a picture of what they do over the course of the season. I'll definitely place an order for next year, too. Will you have new Turkish varieties for 2018?