Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 13, 2012   #16
jgaleota
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Future and Alpinejs. I have not tasted them but have read about them for years. I seem to remember years ago some controversy regarding correct seed, hence my question. Definitely on my list!
jgaleota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2012   #17
The Future
Tomatovillian™

Some beautiful amazon chocolates harvested yesterday, all have been eaten already. Delicious. Got my first (ever) Kentucky beefsteaks. Still some ripening to do before they are ready. Harvest some Black variety as well as black Russian and a Ton of Roma's. Dancing with smurfs continues to push out lots of fruit. Black ethiopian is also producing now as is angora super sweet. Some of the plants I detail were planted may 17 2011.

Not harvested yet but I did find a few green lantern's lights also. Oh and a mosckovich.
Old April 21, 2012   #18
The Future
Tomatovillian™

Black Ethiopians have joined the party as have (Tom Wagner's) Green Lantern's Lights (beauties!). Oh and an angora super sweet for jan 2011 is fruiting too. Blue fruit should also be ready soon.
Old April 22, 2012   #19
salix
Tomatovillian™

Future - how many plants of Green Lantern's Lights do you have? Is there much variation in them? Please post tasting results. I wanted to plant mine this year, but ended up with too many other special projects. Next year for sure.
salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2012   #20
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

I'm curious about Green Lantern Lights myself. I could't find much about it outside of a few pictures on Tom's forum so it didn't make my original seeding but curiousity got the best of me and I went ahead and started 5 plants.
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2012   #21
The Future
Tomatovillian™

Salix,
I have 2 plants left producing from may 2011. As for taste, I haven't eaten yet. Will report when I do. They look similar to green zebra except more oblate, larger and perhaps green and whitish rather than green and yellow. I do see a hint of yellow in the skin which appears to indicate ripeness. Need more time to report on variability. As summer comes I will take cuttings from the 2011 plants from last spring and keep them going through the summer for a fall crop. Amazon choc, angora super sweet, green lantern's lights, Ethiopia black, black Russian are all from last spring.