Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old April 15, 2008   #1
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Default EarthTainer Update - with Pics

We've had some unusually warm weather for N. California this weekend approaching 90 degrees, and the tomato plants are lovin it. Here are about half of my 'Tainers with the others scattered on the deck where they get partial sunshine.

On the left is a JD Special C-Tex, and on the right is a Purple Haze (one seed turned out to be RL and one seed PL, so I am letting both grow to see what develops):

The Cherokee Chocolate that I had started in the window-box back in October is adding 6 inches per week, and is over the top of its cage. So that is the next project - adding a 33 inch extension to all of the cages - but I have some "breathing time" before they will be needed on all the 'Tainers.

Ray
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2008   #2
dice
Tomatovillian™

Looks good. So did you ever find teflon sliders
to go under them?
Old April 15, 2008   #3
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Aah dice, you have an excellent memory!!

No, I wasn't able to find anything practical to slip under the 'Tainers on the deck - - but my husky 30 yr. old son and I are able to spin them around on their axis together, without a lot of huffing and puffing on my part. Even though each one weighs over 150 lbs, the Rubbermaid plastic compound is just slick enough to rotate, without pulling a muscle (yet).

Ray
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2008   #4
tache
Tomatovillian™

Oh boy, they look so good and so full of promise. How long do you think it will be before you have a crop?
tache is offline   Reply With Quote