Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 23, 2019   #31
MissMoustache
Tomatovillian™

Location: Cold hardy zone 4b-5a, Heat zone 4-5, Sunset zone 43

My first seed orders for 2019 were placed and now are here!

I'm attempting to again grow onions from seeds. So far I've only gotten ones about the size of golf balls so I have eight different varieties I'm trying and we'll see what happens this year!

I'm also adding lots of herbs to the garden. Last year I rearranged the garden beds and created an herb bed in the center of the garden. Time to fill it up! I have seeds shown here for Toothache Plant, Lemongrass (last year it was nearly as tall as me!), Red Welsh Onions, Lovage, and Winter Chevil.

I'll tuck in lots of Cinnamon Basil (also huge last year and it makes gorgeous flowers for cut flower arrangements and for tea), Parsley, Thyme (lemon, silver, English, French), Oregano, Catnip, Lavender, California Poppy and Breadseed Poppy, Passionflower, Hyssop, Anise, Fennel, Cumin, Culantro, lemon balm, Betony, Sweet Woodruff, Chamomile, Feverfew, St John's Wort, and Echinecea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190123_204526.jpg (520.7 KB, 32 views)

gwendolyninthegarden.blogspot.com
MissMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2019   #32
PlainJane

Wow, can’t wait to see pictures of that!
Old January 25, 2019   #33
MI Farmer
Tomatovillian™

How exciting! My seeds have been arriving, too.

In re to your onion growing: I used to grow Ailisa Craig onions from seed every year. We started in February and they were HUGE by fall. Good, sweet onion - but doesn't store for very long.
MI Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote