Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old April 26, 2017   #16
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

They've got some excellent germinating Sungold, I can say that. Barb from Florida sent me a dozen seeds and every single one is a seedling now.
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2017   #17
mikemansker
Tomatovillian™

I've ordered from them with excellent shipping and germination numbers.
mikemansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2017   #18
daylilydude
Tomatovillian™

I ordered from them this year and received them 4 days later, and of the seeds that I have planted I have gotten great germination on them...
Old April 27, 2017   #19
Benny W5TYZ
Tomatovillian™

Default Package Data

Every seed package/packet from Seeds n Such has the germination rate printed on the package. When the seed count is 10-15 seeds, and the germination rate is 75%, then you can expect 8-10 seeds to germinate, If it's 50%, as some are stated, then 5-7 seeds will sprout......
Benny
Benny W5TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017   #20
Benny W5TYZ
Tomatovillian™

Default Seeds n Such UPDATE......

Update on the bad germination of my seeds purchased from Seeds n Such.
I just received an email from Jerry Wayne Hilton. He is replacing all of
the seeds I wrote him about that had less than posted germination. At least he
is willing to work with the customer.

Benny
Benny W5TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017   #21
jillian
Tomatovillian™

I have ordered from them several times. So far very pleased with germination. Fast shipping and packaged well.
jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDx4 View Post
I got that catalog in the mail yesterday also. There's a letter from the owner inside the front cover. J. Wayne Hilton owned Totally Tomatoes and RH Shumways back in the 1990s. He started this new company just last year.

Lyn
Yes, Wayne owned TT and several more but then he sold out to Jung's, I think, all his companies except one.

I knew him very well.

I knew he couldn't stay out of the seed business for long,so it was no surprise to me that he got back in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Wayn...&bih=788&dpr=1

As I recall when he started his first one,TT,he joined SSE and got seeds from others to start out with, I also recall that I think he was an ad executive for Colgate Palmolive and Peet,so his descriptions had that ad type slant, and he was not entirely liked by others for several reasons.

All this being said I do wish him well with his new comapany since once a company owner,one who has a passion for selling,etc.

Just don't ask him about the variety Big Zac f1.

https://www.google.com/search?q=big+...&bih=788&dpr=1

Carolyn
Old April 27, 2017   #23
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicgardens View Post
I have ordered once and never again. Low quantities per package and very low germination rates.
that is too bad, I had no problems with the seeds I ordered from them. I even used some of the seeds I didn't start last year just a couple weeks ago... they all germinated. what did you order and how did you start them. somethings need a bit of heat such as the peppers and egg plant to get started. those I never start without heatmats.
Old May 26, 2017   #24
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I received the First-Ever Fall Seed Catalog from Seeds n Such today.

Hey, there's no tomato seeds...how can it be a seed catalog without tomato seeds?

They're here https://www.seedsnsuch.com/product-c...eeds/tomatoes/
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2017   #25
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Maybe they don't have them in the catalog, but they do have 10 pages of them on their website. They have both OP's and F1's. They are found listed in the vegetable heading under "Tomatoes".

https://www.seedsnsuch.com/product-c...eeds/tomatoes/

It was foolish not to put any tomatoes in their catalog. They are losing many peoples interest in placing an order with them.
Old May 26, 2017   #26
jillian
Tomatovillian™

That does seem odd. Would it be because it is the fall catalog? I just placed an order with them a couple days ago, haven't received fall catalog yet. I just might inquire why they chose not to include tomatoes in fall brochure. Inquiring minds want to know!
Old May 26, 2017   #27
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Maybe they don't have them in the catalog, but they do have 10 pages of them on their website. They have both OP's and F1's. They are found listed in the vegetable heading under "Tomatoes".

https://www.seedsnsuch.com/product-c...eeds/tomatoes/

It was foolish not to put any tomatoes in their catalog. They are losing many peoples interest in placing an order with them.
An alternative viewpoint is that Wayne got you to the website where there's more of everything than he could put in a catalog/

If you look at the TGS catalog I think you'll see the same. I'm assuming that both of my examples have a link in their catalogs to their websites,but no time to check it out. And I just remembered that Territorial does the same and probably more that I haven't remembered as well.

Methinks one could consider it as smart marketing.

Carolyn
Old May 26, 2017   #28
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Fall catalogs must be the thing to do these days. I got one yesterday from Peaceful Valley, but since my garden shopping is done for the year, it went straight into the recycling tote, so I don't know what it did or did not include.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2017   #29
jillian
Tomatovillian™

My order came today from SeedsnSuch. Received two free packets of seeds......
Hybrid Pepper Blight Buster and Hybrid Tomato Warrior. I haven't looked them up yet but might just give them a try next year.
Old June 2, 2017   #30
mikemansker
Tomatovillian™

Default Excellent Experience

I had an excellent experience with Seeds 'n Such today. I ordered from them this spring and got Warrior 5443 seeds as a free gift. The variety is doing so well that I thought I would plant a few more for a all crop.

I couldn't find the variety on the website for sale, so I contacted them through their website contact form and heard right back from Jerry. He said that the seeds were availale for purchase but wouldn't be listed on the site until spring. I gave him my contact number and they called and I gave them my order.

This is a lot or support for a few seeds, and I appreciated their going above and beyond to get the seeds I wanted.
mikemansker is offline   Reply With Quote