Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old March 30, 2014   #16
Jayc
Tomatovillian™

Wow, your plant looks smashing. A lovely crop of tomatoes you have there and I adore the shape of the fruit, how do they taste?

Plant looks about 2' or so?
Jayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2014   #17
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

Looks surprisingly good for a winter window tomato. I tried red robin (supposedly good for shade) and I have to say I didn't get many tomatoes (the plant was fine, just not enough sun for fruit probably).
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2014   #18
lemmonhead68
Tomatovillian™

I bet those are nice! Maybe next year I will have access to view something on this site.
lemmonhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2015   #19
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

I know this is an old thread, but I have to mention I'm growing this - thanks to a friend, who against all my advice, went ahead and bought expensive tomato hybrid seeds
Having received some OP seeds from me, she graciously gave me a Heartbreaker Vitae seedling.
I keep on reading the taste isn't anything special, but with proper feeding and enough sunlight, I am sure the beautiful little fruits will be edible.
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2015   #20
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

I had 4 plants last year. The fruits were ok not amazing not bad by any means. Good acid to sweet taste and super prolific.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2015   #21
clara
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
At first I didn't see the F1 but there's another one called Heartbreaker, an OP, and Clara in Germany sent me seeds for it, seeds from Estonia. I'm too lazy to go fetch the seed pack where the anglicized Russian name is written.

If all goes well I expect to offer seeds of the OP Heartbreaker in my next seed offer.

Carolyn
Carolyn, the original Russian name is "Serdtseed".
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2015   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Carolyn, the original Russian name is "Serdtseed".
Clara, this is an older thread and I already listed it in my 2014 seed offer in January 2014:

(Heartbreaker, 2 oz pink hearts)

I said seed package but now I'm remembering that that's the time you sent me seeds in the small plastic baggies, color coded with green and yellow and pink colored tabs and I'm pretty sure you wrote just Heartbreaker on the label.

Do you remember that?

But thanks for giving me the name for it and I haven't checked yet but if I still have enough seeds I'll be offering it in my now late 2015 offer which should have gone up this past January but I hope early this summer. I'd have to check the feedback thread but as I recall those who grew it liked it very much,

Then all the Estonian ones and many more in my 2016 offer this coming early January.

Carolyn
Old June 1, 2015   #23
clara
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, I'm pretty sure that I wrote Serdtseed on the small bag, but gave you the translation because I always keep the original name even if it is a tongue twister. But if there is a translation, I like to know it.

If I remember correctly, I sent you only a few seeds for your seed producers - the bigger bags with pink, yellow etc. fantasy labels were for the Mischka and Tatjana seeds and another variety I don't recall at the moment, perhaps it was Zluta Kytice.
Old June 1, 2015   #24
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Carolyn, I'm pretty sure that I wrote Serdtseed on the small bag, but gave you the translation because I always keep the original name even if it is a tongue twister. But if there is a translation, I like to know it.

If I remember correctly, I sent you only a few seeds for your seed producers - the bigger bags with pink, yellow etc. fantasy labels were for the Mischka and Tatjana seeds and another variety I don't recall at the moment, perhaps it was Zluta Kytice.
I think each of us has a correct memory, at least that's good. I still have those packs, and there were many more than just the Serdtseed one, and I could check, but right now I have no idea if they will go in the now late 2015 offer this summer, but if they do, I can now say Heartbreaker( Serdtse).

And don't sit by your computer 24/7 but the Estonian ones are out for seed prodution this summer and I know I'll need your help with some of those, as I've mentioned before.

Carolyn
Old June 1, 2015   #25
clara
Tomatovillian™

I'll do my very best, Carolyn!