Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old July 20, 2018   #1
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Default Walmart 2018 Clear Out Sale

I was at Wal Mart yesterday and the Garden Center clear out is starting earlier than last year. Hoses, solar lights, and garden decor were marked down about 66%. I bought a tripod sprinkler by Orbit for $14.99. Always wanted/needed one?

Very large bag of Expert Gardener Tomato and Vegetable $5, and same brand 10-10-10 on the lawn fertilizer section was also $5. Was leary and did not buy. Now I am wondering of it would be useful for planting garlic in a few months.

My friend called this evening and told me the "good" fertilizers were reduced. I met her as she was leaving (trying to help her garden) and we picked up an assortment of 4 lb bags for $3. Now I need to formulate a plant to use this mixture to it's best advantage. I picked up the last seat cushion (in yellow) for $2. This could make a good weed pillow.

Enjoy the thrill of the hunt if you don't need mega quantities.

- Lisa

The sale swept through the entire fertilizer aisle. Many name brand bags $1-$3. Alaska liquid products $3. A device to make any bottle (pump) into a continuous sprayer $.75. Netting 14 X 14 $3. All the bug spray (for home and people) for a buck or two.
I couldn't decide if I should get the organic product and risk critters or the the synthetic chemicals and risk ruining the soil.

Went to another store and nothing was marked down, so keep checking if you are in need of anything.

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; July 22, 2018 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Update
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2018   #2
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

I'll have to remember to look but it seems early to clearance for my area.

Last year epsom salt....7lb? bags for $2 and for 40 lb of 10-10-10 same $2. Definitely later though, more like Oct. Suffice to say I don't need any for a while. Two years ago, 3.8cf comp peet moss for $5 instead of $13 or whatever. But that does take some storage room. Still, I'd rather store it myself than go to Agway in Feb and pay full price for the stuff overwintered outside on pallets. It is hard to find anything right around here at proper seed starting time, other than Agway or overpriced flower shops.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2018   #3
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I keep visiting another Walmart just a few miles away , and most indoor fertilizer items are still at full price. The patio furniture was almost gone (on sale), and the outdoor soils were gone too.

My local wm replaced the garden items with rows of tote boxes and milk crates for storage for kids.

I am well stocked too but I like to look for that odd treasure for a dollar.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote