Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old April 23, 2021   #16
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

I brought the tomatoes in from the front porch the past two nights. After checking my historical weather data it goes back 22 years), I'm convinced that was the last cold snap. We'll be planting them out on Sunday since tomorrow we're supposed to have rough weather. Oh boy!
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2021   #17
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Update on my planting some tomatoes on April 2nd. You guys are right, we had what I hope was our last frost freeze last week with 2 nights in a row in the upper 20's. They were in 30gal containers so I just dug them up, potted them into 3 gal containers and brought them indoors. They showed some shock so I waited about 3 days for them to recover and planted then into my raised bed yesterday. All but 1 looks very happy. It's kind of funny since I normally plant tomatoes around April 25th. Will I get earlier tomatoes? Time will tell. The early plants are nearly triple the size of when originally planted. I will try and update when I get my first tomato. No flowering yet, but they probably would have dropped the blossoms anyway.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote