Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old April 11, 2021   #16
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Why do they want you to order 2? There is no minimum order ship to store on their web site. I ended up buying 2 2.5gal but I ordered them separately weeks apart.

BTW if you don't have the ACE app on your phone, they'll give you $5.00 off your first order for installing it.
They said it was the minimum order on that size. So I ordered a quart and when I picked it up yesterday, they had gone ahead and ordered a case of 12 and made a facing on the shelf for it. A quart will be good to try it out, but if it does well I will be looking for a 2.5 gal. It would make it so much more affordable. I am excited to get started and see how it works.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2021   #17
RayR
Tomatovillian™

That's wierd. Ace Stores are individually owned, so I guess if you are ordering through that store they may have different policies. Better to order through the web site or the phone app better yet.
It pays to join Ace Rewards and download the app, it's all free and they run special coupon codes for Ace Rewards members and some are app only.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2021   #18
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Ray. I signed up yesterday when I was in the store. I will also look for the app.

I used the Agrothrive for the 1st time this morning on 4 tomato and 1 pepper plant that have been planted about a week. I mixed up a little more than I needed and just added what was left to my compost.
Old May 19, 2021   #19
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

We have had a lot of cool, cloudy, drizzly days with about 2.5" of rain these last several weeks. Not great weather to promote growth and development. I did a drench with Agrothive 3-3-5 before the cool, wet and cloudy and didn't treat again since April 11th. I have 7 tomatoes and 4 pepper plants in the raised bed and 5 tomatoes in 30 gal containers. All look lush green and are flowering,'though I haven't noticed any fruit set yet except on one YumYum pepper plant. Growth on the containers seems slightly ahead of those in-ground. We are still getting daily periods of rain, but at least the temps are rising into the mid to upper 70's.

So far I am liking what I see using Agrothrive. Nothing controlled or scientific, just my observations.