Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 28, 2012   #166
kurt
Tomatovillian™

I put in my complaint via this form.https://myrtlebeach.app.bbb.org/comp...727?bbbID=0693
Old November 29, 2012   #167
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Just read Joe's message to Ted about there new website and all shots would be copyrighted? Come on!!! none of these are copyrighted now. As i have posted here about Metatdata, its the best way to do this. Also website designers are all around now and software is free to use to help beginners even. Theirs is very old cheap software and has no design at all, they are called drop and crop websites. So i would not believe Joe about their designer?

Last edited by FILMNET; November 29, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #168
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
I don't know if they have changed their methods for ratings since the story aired, but if they haven't, the BBB might not be the best way to resolve issues -- http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/busine...ry?id=12123843
Exactly. The "Better Business Bureau" is a for-profit discredited protection racket.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #169
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I guess I'm missing something here. Why don't they just remove the photos? <scratching head>
Old November 29, 2012   #170
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Here is Joes writing Joe and Penny
"There are literally hundreds of our Photos being used on other websites...I actually consider it an honor when I see them."
Old November 29, 2012   #171
surf4grrl
Tomatovillian™

It goes without saying, that business people who disparage other people publicly on the internet, says alot regarding their character. Tatiana a jealous competitor? What a joke!
surf4grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #172
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

They have got their backs up in a very unpleasant way. It is like being bullied by a miniature Chihuahua- yap yap yap! yap yap yap! You want to take their stress away before they hurt themselves!
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #173
Rgold1963
Tomatovillian™

Has anyone checked out her new selection of dwarf tomatoes? Some of the images look very familiar.
Rgold1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #174
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Sloppy. GMO research tomatoes pictured on the cherry tomato page.

http://www.pennystomatoes.com/cherrytomatoes.html

http://www.estatevaults.com/bol/arch..._tomato_w.html

The tomatoes below (and above?) are non-commercial research tomatoes created by a research lab.

Now, you can call me jealous. But this is really sloppy work.

Last edited by Fred Hempel; November 29, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Fred Hempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #175
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

I recognized the photo, because I have been following the research at Norwich on Anthocyanin-rich tomatoes.

And no, I usually don't think it is that big of a deal when people use photos. I typically don't mine if people use my photos, even if they don't ask. But complete mis-appropriation of images that are incorrect is sloppy and makes you wonder about what you are getting at that site.

I hope this "mistake" is corrected soon. Particularly since there is a "no GMO" statement on the site.

Note: The site says the tomato is "chocolate cherry", but it is clearly the same photo from the research site of an anthocyanin-rich tomato.

Last edited by Fred Hempel; November 29, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Fred Hempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #176
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
Sloppy. GMO research tomatoes pictured on the cherry tomato page.

http://www.pennystomatoes.com/cherrytomatoes.html

http://www.estatevaults.com/bol/arch..._tomato_w.html

The tomatoes below (and above?) are non-commercial research tomatoes created by a research lab.

Now, you can call me jealous. But this is really sloppy work.
I still contend the most likely thing that happened is Penny hired some website guy to build her website and all he did was google pics of tomatoes and pretty much use whatever random pick that came up as fillers for whatever pics Penny didn't provide. I have no proof, but it wouldn't be the first time a techie did something like that. Especially a low quality/low cost unprofessional techie. I suspect originally Penny had no clue of any wrong doing, after all, she grows tomatoes, not builds websites.

This kind of sloppiness is the type of sloppiness you would typically get from a techie that doesn't know tomatoes. You would think that Penny does know what a GMO tomato means to a large % of her heirloom tomato customers. So you would assume she wouldn't think of posting that pic as a header for a whole category on her website. Especially since she doesn't even sell them. Wouldn't make any sense.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #177
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
I still contend the most likely thing that happened is Penny hired some website guy to build her website and all he did was google pics of tomatoes and pretty much use whatever random pick that came up as fillers for whatever pics Penny didn't provide. I have no proof, but it wouldn't be the first time a techie did something like that. Especially a low quality/low cost unprofessional techie. I suspect originally Penny had no clue of any wrong doing, after all, she grows tomatoes, not builds websites.

This kind of sloppiness is the type of sloppiness you would typically get from a techie that doesn't know tomatoes. You would think that Penny does know what a GMO tomato means to a large % of her heirloom tomato customers. So you would
assume she wouldn't think of posting that pic as a header for a whole category on her website. Especially since she doesn't even sell them. Wouldn't make any sense.
Penny has had plenty of clues recently.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2012   #178
surf4grrl
Tomatovillian™

if it was a clueless techie - then why are these same exact photos being shilled and posted on their facebook page (ie anthcyanin research tomatoes) - another techie error?

Last edited by surf4grrl; November 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
surf4grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #179
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

LOL guys and gals. I am sorry I posted. I meant originally. At this point it has gotten so out of hand it is ridiculous. I never ordered from Penny before so I have no idea if the seeds are fresh, germinate well and come promptly, quite frankly I am more about the seeds than the pictures.

I can see peoples points if they typically sell their photography and Penny stiffed them. But me as someone who simply wants to grow tomatoes, I really care more about the quality of the seeds and service. Since I never ordered from her before, I have no clue about that. ( Yes I said it, I have no clue. In fact I don't even want to have a clue. I like Tomatoville precisely because in general it DOESN'T allow hate threads. This being the one exception)

It doesn't take a hate thread on Penny to stop me from buying from her. I wouldn't have anyway. Never even knew she existed and too many other recommended seed sources here already for me to buy from everyone.

I'll pick a couple recommended sources, from sellers active in the forums, with seeds I want to try, and just ignore the rest.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; November 30, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #180
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Default WOW

They took/stole this shot off the website yeserday Chocolate Cherry?? Come on!!!!!!! and they changed the page of there Dwarf page?

WOW
Purple Tomato with Snapdragon Gene to Fight Cancer

Penny now calls this photo she stole Chocolate cherries
She credits herself now on her dwarf page and took off any names of Tomatoville people

"Penny and team had an absolute blast growing these smaller and more compact Dwarf Varieties. We found them easy to grow and producing a nice crop of mouthwatering, juicy Tomatoes that are about the same size as their full sized relatives."
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 12.png (102.3 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by FILMNET; November 30, 2012 at 09:38 AM.

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy