Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Old March 14, 2012   #1
bughunter99
Tomatovillian™

Default Manure Share

Hi there,

I stumbled across this program the other day and wanted to share it. Basically it works like this. If you have a lot of manure you want to get rid of, you put your contact information on this site. If you want some manure, you contact these individuals directly.

The set up is pretty nice. You are told the type of manure it is, what type of bedding is used, whether it is composted, whether loading and/or delivery is available.

It is run by UofI. Tons of Illinois options available. Not sure how well it works for other states but thought I would put it out there. I think it is a great idea.

http://web.extension.illinois.edu/manureshare/

Stacy
bughunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2012   #2
eltex

cool idea. around here in Central Texas, I've seen that craigslist seems to be pretty active for manure. Some will try to charge, and others give it away free. A lot of that depends on if they have a tractor to load it for you or not. I don't think I've ever seen A&M offer a program like this, but it could be a good idea to have a central manure directory, that's for sure.