Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old May 7, 2017   #1
Zeus123
Tomatovillian™

Default First Tomato Garden - How does it look?

Hey All,

See below pictures of my first tomato garden and feel free to let me know your thoughts! All in containers. In order of appearance:

1) Debut - maybe 4-5 tom's on it, but it's maybe 10-12" tall (and me tending to them with my schnoz). Will be the 1st to get pulled and replaced with BPTD when it arrives on 5/15.
2) Rutgers - huge and all over the place
3) Rutgers tom's
4) Better Bush - was an extra plant that i tossed into a small container, but seems to be growing
5) Better Bush tom's
6) Husky Cherry Red
7) Chocolate Sprinkles
8) Beefmaster
9) Lemon Boy
10) Park's Whopper
11) Super Fantastic
12) Mr. Sprinkles - slow growing and will probably get pulled and replaced with a green zebra when it arrives on 5/15.

The determinate's were planted 1st week of April and the indeterminate's were planted on 4/15.

Zeus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Debut.jpg (145.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Rutgers.jpg (138.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Rutger Tom.jpg (133.8 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Better Bush.jpg (176.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Better Bush Tom.jpg (100.6 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Husky Cherry.jpg (203.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Chocolate Sprinkles.jpg (197.9 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Real Beefmaster.jpg (150.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Lemon Boy.jpg (175.5 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Park's Whopper.jpg (190.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Super Fantastic.jpg (184.9 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Mr. Stripey.jpg (179.3 KB, 115 views)
Zeus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017   #2
gdaddybill
Tomatovillian™

Plants look great! Excellent start.
gdaddybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017   #3
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

I love seeing them in the young healthy first fruit stage. Nice work!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017   #4
Zeus123
Tomatovillian™

Thanks! The debut couldn't be sillier at it's height, but figured i'd let it run it's course with it's fruit until the other plants arrive. The beefmaster looks like it has two pretty serious main stems already and might be a little late to try and correct. The indeterminate's are in 18 gallon, so not terribly worried about too many stems just yet. As it's my first tomato grow i'll probably grow some one with 1 main stem, 1 with two, etc. to see what i like best. Really just hoping that 5/15 won't be too late for the BPTD and GZ, but since I'm just outside of Atlanta i figure i'll be okay!
Zeus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017   #5
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus123 View Post
Thanks! The debut couldn't be sillier at it's height, but figured i'd let it run it's course with it's fruit until the other plants arrive. The beefmaster looks like it has two pretty serious main stems already and might be a little late to try and correct. The indeterminate's are in 18 gallon, so not terribly worried about too many stems just yet. As it's my first tomato grow i'll probably grow some one with 1 main stem, 1 with two, etc. to see what i like best. Really just hoping that 5/15 won't be too late for the BPTD and GZ, but since I'm just outside of Atlanta i figure i'll be okay!
Great work Z, they look happy!. You got Doggy Daddy to make sure nothing's bothering them! . Jimbo
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017   #6
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

It's looking great
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2017   #7
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus123 View Post
Sounds like you have been doing some reading.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote