Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 12, 2017   #1
frankcar1965
Tomatovillian™

Default 'Fireworks'

I really like this one and I'm growing it again this year. On Tatiana's she shows it as a pointed heart shape but that is not the one I grow from TS, it is just a regular tomato shape and all the other descriptions are like that too. What's up with that? Are there different ones named 'Fireworks'?
frankcar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2017   #2
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

The one I know is small to medium early red. Not heart shaped. It is possible there is more than one variety with the same name.
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2017   #3
frankcar1965
Tomatovillian™

Here's the link:
http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Fireworks
And mine were mostly med with a few large, and they seemed pretty healthy.

Last edited by frankcar1965; January 12, 2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old January 12, 2017   #4
frankcar1965
Tomatovillian™

I ordered-
Serdtse Ashabada
Arbuznyi
Bijskiy Rozan
Ljubitelskiy Rozovyi
They have shipped but we'll see how quick they get here whether or not I plant them this year. I have already planted on Monday and already have some germination. It's still pretty early so there may be time, although I do not need anymore in my small patch. I always overdo it.
Old January 12, 2017   #5
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Here's one that's 8-12 oz. called Fireworks. https://www.totallytomato.com/P/00258/Fireworks+Tomato

Another one that's 6-8 oz. http://www.tomatogrowers.com/FIREWOR...ductinfo/6002/

None of the sites showed the same shape as Tania's, but the two sites I just posted look different from each other too.

I was thinking there was a hybrid named Fireworks, but I didn't find one.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2017   #6
frankcar1965
Tomatovillian™

I thought it was a hybrid at first too until I looked. Mine is from TGS but the TT one seems pretty similar. It may have been a coincidence but they were the only ones that did not get spider mites, the only ones, I was really surprised. And they tasted good too, pretty meaty but juicy, probably the best performing heirloom I have grown.
Old January 13, 2017   #7
UFXEFU
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcar1965 View Post
I ordered-
Serdtse Ashabada
Arbuznyi
Bijskiy Rozan
Ljubitelskiy Rozovyi
They have shipped but we'll see how quick they get here whether or not I plant them this year. I have already planted on Monday and already have some germination. It's still pretty early so there may be time, although I do not need anymore in my small patch. I always overdo it.
I see you have already sowed seed. When are you going to plant out this year in NW Lousiana? I'm in NW Lousiaina also, my normal plant out is around Easter. Easter is late this year and forecast predict a dry and warm winter.

Bob
UFXEFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2017   #8
frankcar1965
Tomatovillian™

Bob, I have so far-
BIG BEEF
AZOYCHKA
CHAMPION II
SUPER SIOUX
PINK BERKELEY TIE-DIE-
KOSOVO- freebie
a big pink from Turkey and Bulgaria from leftover seeds rather late but nice
Peppers too
I like to plant out around April 1 or maybe earlier if the weather is warmer, but no later, last year I did not plant seeds until the last of Jan and since there was no winter I could have easily planted at the first of March I could kick myself. I'm using cheap leds from ebay and they put out the light maybe too much I will have to see.
Old January 13, 2017   #9
frankcar1965
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcar1965 View Post
Bob, I have so far-
FIREWORKS
BIG BEEF
AZOYCHKA
CHAMPION II
SUPER SIOUX
PINK BERKELEY TIE-DIE-
KOSOVO- freebie
a big pink from Turkey and Bulgaria from leftover seeds rather late but nice
Peppers too
I like to plant out around April 1 or maybe earlier if the weather is warmer, but no later, last year I did not plant seeds until the last of Jan and since there was no winter I could have easily planted at the first of March I could kick myself. I'm using cheap leds from ebay and they put out the light maybe too much I will have to see.
I forgot the Sungolds that I grow up a fence and cattle panel, they are really my favorite. My plot is tiny so I really can only have a couple of most but more of things like Fireworks and PBTD. Then I shove the peppers together at one side.

Last edited by frankcar1965; January 13, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old January 13, 2017   #10
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Here's one that's 8-12 oz. called Fireworks. https://www.totallytomato.com/P/00258/Fireworks+Tomato

Another one that's 6-8 oz. http://www.tomatogrowers.com/FIREWOR...ductinfo/6002/

None of the sites showed the same shape as Tania's, but the two sites I just posted look different from each other too.

I was thinking there was a hybrid named Fireworks, but I didn't find one.
I grew it several years ago, but cannot remember where I got my seed from. It greatly resembled the one in the link from TGS. I thought it was pretty decent taste wise, it was fairly early, produced good too.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote