Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating onions, garlic, shallots and leeks.

Old March 4, 2017   #1
Durgan
Tomatovillian™

Default 4 March 2017 Garlic Preparation to eat raw

http://durgan.org/2017/March%202017/...at%20raw/HTML/ 4 March 2017 Garlic Preparation to eat raw
Garlic is touted to be beneficial, particularly raw garlic if a small amount about a tablespoon is ingested daily. A problem is the garlic is very hot and difficult to ingest raw. Also garlic must be crushed and allowed to rest for at least 15 minutes prior to using to get minimum benefit.
Mine is prepared using kefir which I ingest daily. The kefir is similar to cottage cheese and tends to reduce the garlic sting, not completely but it is made tolerable. The garlic is prepared by crushing in a tortilla press to remove the skin. This is by far the best method of removing the garlic skin. Then the cloves are chopped and crushed finely in an OXO chopper. The fine crushed garlic is allowed to rest at least 15 minutes to get maximum benefit. A tablespoon is then mixed with the kefir and ingested daily. Excess chopped garlic is stored in a tight plastic container and stored in the refrigerator. A large garlic bulb stores for about four days. Pictures depict the process.
Durgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2017   #2
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Cottage cheese would be similar to consuming raw garlic with milk. When ever i feel the first sign of a cold coming on i eat raw garlic washed down with raw milk, blows colds out of the water before they take hold.

Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote