Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Old July 21, 2009   #1
farmall
Tomatovillian™

Default Black Cherry in a greenhouse

Has anyone ever tried growing black cherry toms in a greenhouse if so how do they do. thanks
farmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2009   #2
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Last year i had an unusual situation at my market. I had to do anything I could to get something to sell quick. I planted quite a few tomatoes in various "protected" plantings.

Black Cherry was something I tried in a partial broke down greenhouse. They were in a 3 gal nursery pot against the end wall (south). Later the north end was totally open, but not at the beginning.

They were watered at least every day until that wasn't enough. I then set up a drip line on a timer so they were watered about 4 times/ day.

All the tomatoes in there did quite well considering being busy with the rest of the farm meant they didn't get all the attention they should have had. Actually the Black Cherry in the greenhouse colored up better than those out in the field as we had a rather mediocre summer in 08 for heat. Over all I thought they did quite well since that was the first year I had grown them at all.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote