Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Florida TAG™ event information and discussion forum. Florida Tasting And Growing group

Old November 14, 2017   #1
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Pro Mix BX with Myco (black bag)

Did a recon run and found in S Florida Homestead fields.
At Diamond R. Fertilizer the Promix at 24 bucs.
Monster 4cu. ft agri grade Vermiculite at 12 bucs.
Coco Coir still 10-12 per1.5 cu.
A new comer Black Gold "just coir"on bag,nice darker more processed at 2 cu.and only 15 bucs.
They 86st the orange bags due to demand for the black promix bx.
Tomatoes in the fields are about a foot tall.
All the beans are grown up and over horizontal to shape some nice tunnels,enough to walk under and pick in the shade.Novel idea,rows of 4x4s wiring to each other . Will try this year with Some Favas,Sea Island Red Beans.Gigandes when it gets a tad cooler.
Strawberrys are growing on those stacked pods,hydro fed,10 plants/square foot,off the black endless rows of berrys at one plant per square/on plastic.And I bought a chicken(pullet)for a friend at 3 bucs.Now I am keeping it it lives in my shirt pocket,beard,it will not leave me alone.It stops chirping when I am around Help
Thats whats happening in my hood.
Old November 15, 2017   #2
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

I love Diamond R fertilizer company.I always buy my PromixBX there.I get my copper fungicide too. Great prices.The black and white bag is just Promix's newer packaging. Same great stuff.
Old November 15, 2017   #3
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Suggest you get a friend for that pullet. You have two pockets don't you?

Linda
Old November 15, 2017   #4
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default This morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labradors2 View Post
Suggest you get a friend for that pullet. You have two pockets don't you?

Linda
Having a hard time making my favorite breakfast (6 on the softer side'poached eggs dripped on the old Pepperridge original sandwich 4by 4s.)as the little bigger is chirping away.Also gots to hold off on my whole day cookathon making chicken broth.Now what go VEGAN!no way.Plan B,off to my friend the farmer in of all places,Teehas,where the critter first came from.Now the generated cost of said bird will spiral.By the end of this little fun I figure about 200 300 bucks.Another pocket will make it 600 bucks.Might have to give her those age old proven solutions a coop.I am leaving now to start getting approvals for the coop design,values engineering,procurement of materials,color selections. Permit might need to be done also.No more input please,that bird is costing me more than the initial outlay.
Old November 15, 2017   #5
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Well of course it will cost a bit, but what price can you put on fresh eggs every day and some new feathered friends

You might want to join the Backyard Chickens forum, and to learn all about chicken math {LOL}.

Linda
Old November 16, 2017   #6
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default A chicken in everypot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labradors2 View Post
Well of course it will cost a bit, but what price can you put on fresh eggs every day and some new feathered friends

You might want to join the Backyard Chickens forum, and to learn all about chicken math {LOL}.

Linda
Was the promise by some fellas long ago.If that little bugger can produce a dozen eggs a day,she stays free range,otherwise she will be dispatched now cause now she has a following,facebook,instagram(wifes and nieces).I got stares when I brought some select feed for the bird,to make it plump,fat,old hens are great for broth,will let you know if wife and crew might intervene.Hay that little pullet sure gained alot of attention,and learning experience.Well gots to go feed the critter now,those black sunflower seeds are supposed to flavor the.......PS not only the feed,tried some worms from my little setup,yep would wipe those out in a week.

Last edited by kurt; November 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old November 16, 2017   #7
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Was the promise by some fellas long ago.If that little bugger can produce a dozen eggs a day,she stays free range,otherwise she will be dispatched now cause now she has a following,facebook,instagram(wifes and nieces).I got stares when I brought some select feed for the bird,to make it plump,fat,old hens are great for broth,will let you know if wife and crew might intervene.Hay that little pullet sure gained alot of attention,and learning experience.Well gots to go feed the critter now,those black sunflower seeds are supposed to flavor the.......
I'm betting when it comes time, you will have fallen in love with the critter, and can't do the deed!
Old November 16, 2017   #8
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default YEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
I'm betting when it comes time, you will have fallen in love with the critter, and can't do the deed!
Already put Bessemer Fire Brick in microwave at three in morning.Wrapped in my best borrowed marriot hand towels(likes the thread count?)I guess.Thermometer,only thrashed wheat straw(critter eats the residual seeds,might be vegan)Sequestered from the pack of mutts thinking the same thing I have in mind.All my machetes have disappeared.The race is on,I got xmas as d-day if you know what I mean.That wing feather will be a nice addition for my Fedora along with the others.Might get a uncontested deevorce out of this also..Win,win,maybe....

Last edited by kurt; November 16, 2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelin
Old November 16, 2017   #9
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

You won't get a dozen eggs a day. Sorry one egg about every. 26 hours or some such timing maybe 23... I forget exact but not a dozen a day.
Old November 16, 2017   #10
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Already put Bessemer Fire Brick in microwave at three in morning.Wrapped in my best borrowed marriot hand towels(likes the thread count?)I guess.Thermometer,only thrashed wheat straw(critter eats the residual seeds,might be vegan)Sequestered from the pack of mutts thinking the same thing I have in mind.All my machetes have disappeared.The race is on,I got xmas as d-day if you know what I mean.That wing feather will be a nice addition for my Fedora along with the others.Might get a uncontested deevorce out of this also..Win,win,maybe....
Too funny! No way you gonna dispatch your little sweety.
Old November 16, 2017   #11
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default You know never say no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Too funny! No way you gonna dispatch your little sweety.
The only dispatching is a ride,to friends chicken farm with scheduled visiting rights,gave up me guns a long time ago,just buy them fix em stare at them,good investment.