Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 21, 2011   #1
Chucker
Tomatovillian™

Default Paragon Seedlings Yellowing

My two Paragon seedlings are turning yellow and the leaves are curling upwards. This is not happening to the rest of my seedlings. Any ideas on how to save them? Sorry, not a great picture, but maybe it will help:

Oh, they were potted up about a week ago in Miracle Gro potting mix. Started in seed starting mix in peat pots. Watered only when dry with an extremely diluted miracle gro blue stuff (a 10% solution of 1/2tsp per gallon fertilizer and water).

Thanks
Chucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2011   #2
RayR
Tomatovillian™

That plant looks pretty stressed.
Doesn't look like a nutrient deficiency. Is that the Miracle Grow potting mix with the blue stuff already added?

Any insect activity around?
The bottom leaves look wilted and browning on the edges too from what I can see.
Just guessing, but it could be bacterial or viral.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2011   #3
Chucker
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
That plant looks pretty stressed.
Doesn't look like a nutrient deficiency. Is that the Miracle Grow potting mix with the blue stuff already added?

Any insect activity around?
The bottom leaves look wilted and browning on the edges too from what I can see.
Just guessing, but it could be bacterial or viral.
Yes, it's the potting mix with the blue stuff already added. I started fertilizing just a bit because the seed starting mix did not contain any fertilizer. But I suppose I could stop now since the mix already has it.

The only insects I have seen in my basement are a few boxelder bugs and some good sized spiders .

The seeds were some free ones I got in 2009 from TomatoFest. I did not bleach them before sowing, so mabye they came with free bacteria?
Chucker is offline   Reply With Quote