Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 11, 2013   #1
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Default Dr. Carolyn's book

I just ordered a Christmas present for myself "100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden" by Carolyn Male.

I can't wait to receive it .

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2013   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labradors2 View Post
I just ordered a Christmas present for myself "100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden" by Carolyn Male.

Linda
I hope you enjoy it Linda.

Just noting that folks are posting about ordering or getting my book in some way and then receiving it in the thread about my book, which is a sticky at the top part of this Forum, General Discussion.

Carolyn
Old December 11, 2013   #3
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Oh I'm sorry! I didn't realize that there was a sticky about your book!

Hope it gets here soon!

Thanks Carolyn.
Old December 16, 2013   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Linda
Linda, by any chance did you order it from TGS?

And I ask b'c this AM I had a nice long talk with Linda Sapp who owns TGS and she said she'd finally decided to sell the carton of those books she's had for a couple of years.

I had called her ask her to send me up a catalog b'c while I never order tomato seeds I like to have it for a reference, and we've been doing that for many years.

She asked if I wanted a copy of my book and I said I still had two pristine copies at home And then asked her what she was charging for it, and she said the regular price, I said you know copies are going from $100 up and she said yes she knew that.

So I told her if she sent one up here I'd autograph it for her and send it right back down and that I was waiting for the price to reach, 1000 at which time I'd sell my two copies and put the money in my dark chocolate budget. She does have a wonderful laugh and we've known each other since 1990.

We had a vigorous talk about tomato politics and then I asked her if she wanted some new ones to grow out for the upcoming season/

All to say that if anyone is still interested in the book it's at the website, not in the catalog, and she expects it will sell out soon. There are only 12 books/carton.

Carolyn
Old December 17, 2013   #5
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Hi Carolyn,

Unfortunately, I didn't order your book from TGS. Her prices are great! Less than half the price that they want at Amazon!

My book should be here any day and I can't wait!

Linda
Old December 17, 2013   #6
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

My book arrived this afternoon and I LOVE it!!!!! Thank you Carolyn for writing it! The photographs are out of this world (except for Reisentraube - how could they forget to show the pointy end????)

Seriously, this is an excellent reference book, and now there are even more varieties that I need to add to my "must grow" list.

Linda
Old December 17, 2013   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
My book arrived this afternoon and I LOVE it!!!!! Thank you Carolyn for writing it! The photographs are out of this world (except for Reisentraube - how could they forget to show the pointy end????)

Seriously, this is an excellent reference book, and now there are even more varieties that I need to add to my "must grow" list.

Linda
"They" is Frank the photographer and it's bc of the angle at which the picture was taken b/c all of the stem ends are up and the blossom ends down..

If you look at where I describe color and shape you'll see, and I have the book right here, ahem, red elongated cherries with a pointed tip.

Carolyn
Old December 19, 2013   #8
Irv Wiseguy
Tomatovillian™

I'm so glad I saw this thread tonight. I thought I had missed the boat on Carolyn's book, but tonight I gave myself a Christmas gift and ordered a copy from TGS. Even though I don't need any, I also ordered some seeds!

Thanks everyone

Irv
Irv Wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2013   #9
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Good for you Wiseguy!

I'm sure that you won't regret it. I love my book and just wish there was a sequel to look forward to!

You might regret ordering those seeds though as I am sure that when you have read the book, there will be even more varieties that you will want to try!

Merry Christmas!
Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv Wiseguy View Post
I'm so glad I saw this thread tonight. I thought I had missed the boat on Carolyn's book, but tonight I gave myself a Christmas gift and ordered a copy from TGS. Even though I don't need any, I also ordered some seeds!

Thanks everyone

Irv