Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old April 22, 2018   #1
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Default Growing lettuce will this work?

I'm going to grow lettuce in my smaller 4gal. grow bags, saving the 7 gal. bags for my indeterminate tomatoes. I want to start 2 seeds per pot and after 3 or 4 weeks I'll place then in the 4gal. grow bags, 8 plants per grow bag. Here's what I'd like to do since I only have my small grow light set up and its in use. Put them in our S. window or outside weather permitting when possible, I think this should work but i'd like to hear your thoughts or concerns... Thanks
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2018   #2
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

Should be fine! I'd start a few more and then thin them for a bit of salad as they grow larger. I've got lettuce started under lights and will transplant out into the garden once our weather settles down a bit (I hope!) Good luck and share a picture when you get things growing!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2018   #3
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Once their up I'll post a pic.
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote