Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old December 8, 2014   #1
Goldie321
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomatoes and peppers still producing

Being in West Central Florida, I figured with the freaky cold spells we got the last few weeks that my garden had had it - and it looked it also! But, low and behold, my peppers started getting flowers and are producing again - and so are my tomatoes. Lots of new peppers and tomatoes on the plants. Now if it can just stay nice long enough for them to ripen. We are used to getting cold snaps with overnight freezes - but not until January.
Goldie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2014   #2
peppero
Tomatovillian™

I have some eggplant and pepper plants still producing in my greenhouse. Not a lot but some.

jon
peppero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2014   #3
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Yeah i have a few tomato plants forging on and about 35 pepper plants with ripe peppers greenies and flowers on them. We usually only get one or two light frosts a year especially in the last two years. I have picked so many peppers this year i am slowly starting to neglect picking them. My chickens have been pretty much free ranging the pepper plants for the last month or so. It still amazes me how they can eat the hottest peppers in the world without even feeling the burn.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2014   #4
solid7
Tomatovillian™

This is THE time of year that tomatoes are going strong over here in East Central Florida. Even if we get a cold snap, they often make it just fine.

I've got peppers still going, and tomatoes just really hitting their stride. My tomatoes went in at the beginning of Sept.
solid7 is offline   Reply With Quote