Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10, 2021   #1
mark_z
Tomatovillian™

Default update

Quite a few years ago I wanted a fresh home grown tomato. I always remembered how good they were as a child from my grandfathers garden. I decided right then i was going to grow some, and immediately went to work with the task. It wasn't long before I realized I better seek advice and guidance from those who went before me, because what I was growing needed improvement.

It was then I joined Tomatoville. Everyone joined in with inspiration and enthusiastic support, and I was inspired. A few years went by and my heirlooms kept getting better and better, and that's not so easy in central Florida where the climate can punish anything that doesn't call itself a native.

The short story here is my Brandywines and Cherokee Purple this spring are the best I've ever had, and so wanted to post a short thank you to the folks on this forum who helped me along the way. It's good to have a resource such as this to share info, trade secrets, and share the excitement of growing your own.

Mr Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (263.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (149.2 KB, 199 views)
mark_z is offline   Reply With Quote