Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 31, 2015   #31
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Hi guys, please a spelling correction if I may. It should be i before c, so Microbeicum Occemus. It is a pretty and really tasty heavily ribbed cherry shaped like mini beefsteaks, and a tomato machine. I also thought it was spelled the other way when I first started this thread, and even when you correct a thread title, the forum keeps it the way you originally put it in a title.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2015   #32
imp
Tomatovillian™

Sounds like a keeper!
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2015   #33
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

This variety was the last plant standing in my garden. We've had nights in the 30s for a week or so, so I finally took out the plant a couple days ago and picked the last dozen greenies -- and one of them is already showing some color. This is the 3rd or 4th time I thought I was picking the last of them! I can't believe how tough this plant was. It refused to be slowed down by the mildewy stuff that took down most of the other plants at this garden, and it kept producing even after nights turned cooler (40s and 50s).
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2016   #34
Aubergine
Tomatovillian™

I love Microbeicum Occemus

it looks nice, tastes good and produces well
Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2016   #35
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Tried MO in Atlanta in 2015. The plant was vigorous, but was not a heavy producer. I am trying it in 2016 in a pot like a regular cherry, and I think it will do better.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2016   #36
gbutterfly
Tomatovillian™

Microbeicum Occemus was my favourite plant in my garden this year. It was early, vigorous, tasty and extremely productive. I'm sure I picked over a hundred 1-2oz beefsteak-shaped cherries from the single plant I kept.

Salt, if you got the MO seed from MMMM, it might have been from me (my seeds were in the giant bags). It was saved from fruit grown from seed I got from ginger2778. I hope it does well for you.
gbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2016   #37
rsg2001
Tomatovillian™

Ginger, thank you for sending me this variety, which I grew in my 2015 garden. It was a surprise, and a delight. The two plants yielded a lot of tomatoes, and produced for a long time. I saved some seeds and will try again with them this year. I'm not a big fan of red "cherry" tomatoes, but this one impressed me.
rsg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote