Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old February 16, 2011   #16
tedln

Thank you! Thank you!

I actually asked the questions and posted the setup to see if anyone agrees it should work. This is my first year to grow a lot of tomato plants from seed and consequently it is also my first time to be concerned about hardening off my seedlings. I understand why the process is necessary, but I am a little uncomfortable about doing it. I guess my primary concern is after investing the time and effort to germinate the seed, I didn't want to stick them outside in the sun and get sunburn. It's a little late to start over. They did seem to do well today and I suspect they will be okay.

From the answers I've received to my original question, it seems everyone does it different successfully.

Ted
Old February 16, 2011   #17
tedln

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
Here's what I have written about Hardening Off:
http://www.settfest.com/2010/06/star.../#hardeningoff
Feldon,

For some reason, I overlooked your post. The information you provide on your site is excellent. Thank you.

Ted