Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old May 29, 2020   #1
Carriehelene
Tomatovillian™

Default Never seen this, zucchini

All my zucchini plants have these 2 issues. 2 different varieties, in 2 different soils, in 3 different parts of the garden. In the 1 garden, I have 2 growing next to each other, and each has one of the problems. It doesn’t “look” like a fungus, it’s more foliar. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A40BD04A-EFD1-40DE-A80E-B2DA6BB88094.jpg (276.9 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg BCD03F2E-0097-4D5C-94A6-928AFF031E46.jpg (313.0 KB, 107 views)
Carriehelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2020   #2
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

I think the first is just the variety. I’ve had them with leaves just like that and I’m pretty sure it was the natural color. The second I’m not quite sure,I’ll let someone with more experience take a stab at it.
Might try a spray with some baking soda or milk and some fish/kelp feed, just see if it helps. Have you checked your pH?
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2020   #3
Whwoz
Tomatovillian™

Agree with Tracydr on first, second image reminds me of Boron deficiency I saw in some plants years ago. Others may have more experience.
Whwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2020   #4
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

First one is normal. Some of my varieties look the same.

Second one looks like a soil problem. I have seen leaves like that in my garden when the plant is in an area of heavy clay.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2020   #5
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Potassium deficiency results in curled, puckered or cupped leaves that may develop a yellow discoloration. The leaf margins will begin to die and fruit develops abnormally. Potassium deficiency generally affects the older leaves first.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2020   #6
Carriehelene
Tomatovillian™

Y’all are wonderful, thanks for the info. I was really panicked about the white veining on a bunch, glad to know it’s the variety. I purchased a soil test, so hopefully I’ll get some deficiency answers from that. Also purchased some Worm Castings, and Dr Earth tomato and veggie fertilizer. Started saving banana peels to make tea, and been getting coffee grounds from work for the composter anyways, so I’ll start adding that to the soil instead. Now if would just stop raining so I could do my test lol. Had a pretty good idea that my soil was deficient in nitro since my leaves are a lighter green than they were in the old house.
Carriehelene is offline   Reply With Quote