Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old July 21, 2014   #16
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Eric, I would like to see the results of inoculating with Actinovate/Seranade after the BioSafe.
I understand the weather conditions make that difficult if it's raining all the time, you need a little dry time for the bacterial spores to germinate and colonize the leaf and stem surfaces without fear of washing off.

With the Septoria pressures being high here, I just started experimenting with a combination of Actinovate and Vermicompost Tea.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2014   #17
Lindalana
Tomatovillian™

RayR, am wondering how you find Actinovate and Vermicompost working for you...
have been using Actinovate and ACT for last months and thinking it working good enough to keep going...

Last edited by Lindalana; August 12, 2014 at 11:46 PM.
Lindalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2014   #18
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindalana View Post
RayR, am wondering how you find Actinovate and Vermicompost working for you...
have been using Actinovate and ACT for last months and thinking it working good enough to keep going...
The combination did seem to work well at limiting the spread of Septoria anyway. I've seen some resurge in new growth on damaged plants which is a positive sign.
This season has been the worst I've seen in years for Septoria with it coming on much earlier in the season than I've ever seen. It's been much more virulent this year which just may have to do with the weather conditions. In previous years using Actinovate I've not lost one plant to Septoria, this year I would call about 4 plants as goners. Next time I won't be so complacent and start preventative spraying much earlier and more often.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote