Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 23, 2014   #1
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

Default Malinovoe Chudo (Raspberry Miracle)

My first tomato from Carolyn's seed offer. Fabulous looking tomato and much bigger than I expected!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tomatoraspmiracle.jpg (243.4 KB, 282 views)
Old July 23, 2014   #2
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

That looks lovely. Please let us know how it tastes!

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2015   #3
shule1

Double Helix Farms seems to think it tastes pretty great:

http://www.doublehelixfarms.com/raspberry-miracle

I'm wondering if it's heat-tolerant and drought-tolerant. The link I gave above seems to hint that it might be: "… tolerates just about any condition …"
Old December 2, 2015   #4
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Very pretty Marsha!
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2015   #5
shule1

I'm curious if this is related to the Shokolad Chudo tomato (AKA Chocolate Miracle) available at the following site: http://www.amishlandseeds.com/russian_tomatoes.htm
Old December 12, 2015   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shule1 View Post
I'm curious if this is related to the Shokolad Chudo tomato (AKA Chocolate Miracle) available at the following site: http://www.amishlandseeds.com/russian_tomatoes.htm

I'll try to say this delicately, but many of us know that you can trust very little that Lisa at Amishland says.

She says so many are exclusive to her, they are not, she says she's the only one offering this or that, she is not.

She was once invited to a message site to defend herself, said she was sorry, gets carried away sometimes, was OK for a year and then she went back again to her long descriptions, not giving credit to those who should get credit .

I had introduced two varieties that had Amish as part of the name and when I saw what she wrote I couldn't believe it.

She introduced what she said was Native American, but was really Cherokee Purple. Craig L who did introduce CP and was not amused. There were many others she also changed the names of to indicate something rare and unique which was obviously a PRploy/

If you go the Seed Source Forum here I think you'll find a thread all about her Amishland echoing what I'm trying to say here.

I found the link for you

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=2441

Carolyn
Old December 12, 2015   #7
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Double Helix Farms seems to think it tastes pretty great:

http://www.doublehelixfarms.com/raspberry-miracle

I'm wondering if it's heat-tolerant and drought-tolerant. The link I gave above seems to hint that it might be: "… tolerates just about any condition …"
It tastes great. Heat tolerant and drought tolerant in my garden. We are in the high 80s low 90s most all summer and i don't water tomatoes except at plant out.
Old December 12, 2015   #8
shule1

Thanks, Carolyn. So, do you suspect Chocolate Miracle is a re-branded tomato? Have you heard of it before?

What are your favorite online tomato stores? I'm looking for Japanese Trifele Yellow (which both Marianna's Heirloom Seeds and Amishland Seeds offer). Marianna's Heirloom Seeds' site is down, currently (I'm hoping it'll get up again, soon). So, I was considering Amishland Seeds, getting Japanese Trifele Yellow and Chocolate Miracle there. I saw that they don't offer a lot of seeds, though. I'm waiting for Marianna's Heirloom Seeds to get back online. I hope they know their site is down. I meant to call them, today, but it's too late, now.

I don't mean to be in a hurry to buy tomatoes, though. I think I'm just addicted to seeds.

Last edited by shule1; December 12, 2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old December 12, 2015   #9
shule1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbee View Post
It tastes great. Heat tolerant and drought tolerant in my garden. We are in the high 80s low 90s most all summer and i don't water tomatoes except at plant out.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice any fruits set when temperatures were in the low 90s, particularly?
Old December 13, 2015   #10
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I typically get 2-3 flushes of blooms on all my plants. I dont recall anything odd about Raspberry Miracle like a reduced fruit set so i believe it may be a good one for you to try
Old December 13, 2015   #11
KC.Sun
Tomatovillian™

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the tomato. I ordered some raspberry miracle seeds from double helix not too long ago. Looking forward to this tomato very much now.

Somehow, I acquired too many seeds and had to reorder my grow list multiple times.

Thank you for posting. You just added it back on my list
KC.Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2016   #12
shule1

Quote:
Thanks, Carolyn. So, do you suspect Chocolate Miracle is a re-branded tomato? Have you heard of it before?
I notice another seller is selling Chocolate Miracle: http://princesilverseeds.com/shop/seeds/tomato/

That seems to add some extra credence, given the description. I haven't researched that site, though.
Old January 1, 2016   #13
disneynut1977
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn

I have seeds for Shokoladnoe Chudo, listed translation as Chocolate wonder. I bought them from a seller in Ukraine off of Ebay last year with some other types, and yes I know to not always trust ebay lol.

Is this the same as Chocolate miracle?

Sorry to hijack the thread Barbee.
Old January 1, 2016   #14
Allisa
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynut1977 View Post
Carolyn

I have seeds for Shokoladnoe Chudo, listed translation as Chocolate wonder. I bought them from a seller in Ukraine off of Ebay last year with some other types, and yes I know to not always trust ebay lol.

Is this the same as Chocolate miracle?

Sorry to hijack the thread Barbee.
"Chudo" could be translated either way: Wonder or Miracle from Russian (that why tomato's names should not be translated at all, but Ukrainians and Russians trying to make it easy for others to understand the meaning of the name/type)
Allisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2016   #15
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
"Chudo" could be translated either way: Wonder or Miracle from Russian (that why tomato's names should not be translated at all, but Ukrainians and Russians trying to make it easy for others to understand the meaning of the name/type)
http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Shokoladnoe_Chudo

Carolyn