Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old October 15, 2016   #46
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
My experience is that S. habrochaites ripens to white. S. peruvianum and S. corneliomulleri ripen to purple over white.

I have F1 hybrids currently flowering from crosses between domesticated red and black tomatoes and S. habrochaites. I hope to update this thread in a couple months if they produce ripe fruit.

I can document that exerted stigma is recessive, and huge/fused flower petals are dominant. Orange anther cone is also dominant.

Fern-leaf and potato-leaf are recessive to S. habrochaites type leaves.
I have S.Neorickii and it supposedly has green fruit when it ripens.S.Pennellii also has green fruit.So what happens in F1s when you cross them to a colored tomato? I envy you for having S.Habrochaites! It such a cool tomato and it seems super-resistant to insects.

My last year inseted stigma x inserted stigma had exerted ones,which is different than your experience,it probably has a more complex inheritance pattern.
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2016   #47
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDiane View Post
Yes. When I am on page 3 and click on 4 or >, page 3 reloads.

When I hover my cursor over 4, it does say that page 4 offers messages 46 to 49.

Odd. Now the message numbers on this page have changed. This was #41, and now it is #45. Maybe I'll be able to access page 4 now .
Fixed!
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2016   #48
LDiane

Not entirely fixed. Hovering the cursor over 4 says that page four contains messages 46 to 51 of 51. This message is going to be #48. Where are 49 to 51?

Now I am mystified. My message is numbered #52. Does this happen to any other threads or is this one the only spooky one?

===================
the following day: now my message is numbered #48, as I originally expected when I posted it yesterday. The message in the corner still says that there are 52 messages in this thread. So it seems there are ghost messages due to weird numbering but no actual missing ones.

Last edited by LDiane; October 17, 2016 at 10:25 PM. Reason: unexpected number for my message
Old October 20, 2016   #49
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDiane View Post
Not entirely fixed. Hovering the cursor over 4 says that page four contains messages 46 to 51 of 51. This message is going to be #48. Where are 49 to 51?

Now I am mystified. My message is numbered #52. Does this happen to any other threads or is this one the only spooky one?

===================
the following day: now my message is numbered #48, as I originally expected when I posted it yesterday. The message in the corner still says that there are 52 messages in this thread. So it seems there are ghost messages due to weird numbering but no actual missing ones.
Well, "at least we are on the same page" as the saying goes...
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote