Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old July 7, 2009   #16
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Clara - - if it works better than Tomato-tone, I will be back to you for an assist in the translation of its ingredients.

Some folks claim that a 2:1:2 kind of NPK ratio is better for vegetables, rather than a higher "P" number as in the "Old" Tomato-tone's 4-7-10 formulation. My limited trial on a pair of Celebrity plants ought to give me an indication if this is true. Next season, I will expand to a more statistically based quantity of plants for the trials.

Ray
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2009   #17
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Well, I am picking ripe tomatoes now from both plants. But from a plant "health" standpoint, I am seeing the plant on the right with Tomaten Dunger looking greener top to bottom.

I see virtually no leaf roll nor dying branches as I am experiencing with the Tomato-tone treated Celebrity on the left:

So Ami, my good friend, and ole buddy.... what would it take to arrange a bulk shipment of 20 Kilograms, or so to Zipcode 95008? I'll be happy to swap you 40 Kilograms of my new Tomato-tone.....

Ray

Last edited by rnewste; August 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old August 25, 2009   #18
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Ray, glad to hear the "Dunger" worked out for you. I think we can keep you supplied with enough for your "Home Tainer Patch". How many tainers will that 1kg box take care of? Ami
Old August 25, 2009   #19
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Hey Ami,

Sorry, just kidding about sending me a year's supply of Tomaten Dunger. A 1 Kg box will take care of about 6 tomato plants, so with 32 in the ground, I would consume about 5 KG per year.

Thanks so much for sending the one box, as it is an interesting "A/B" comparison trial to conduct. Do you want me to send you a bag of the New Tomato-tone???

Ray
Old September 12, 2009   #20
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Just a photographic update today. Ami, I think I now know (one) of your secrets to growing great looking tomato plants: Tomaten Dunger (on the right):

Ray