Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 22, 2017   #1
agee12
Tomatovillian™

Default Home Depot Sales/Clearance

I saw this on Youtube

Also this was posted on another thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
I just left Home Depot and scored 5 of these for $7.72 each. The regular price for these are normally $29.99 in store. I owned the same version of this but it was on legs. I told myself i would never buy one again since the one on legs fell over and broke. However these ones are similar to an Earthbox so i went for it. At this price how could i not. If anyone is looking for one check at your local Home Depot to see if they are in sale.
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Emsco-City-...340D/202563845
I've heard previously, plus the guy in the Youtube video mentions it, bt apparently they start discounting things to make room for newer inventory.
agee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2017   #2
matereater
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the tip !!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
matereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2017   #3
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

I too got a couple bags of that identical mix @ my local HD last weekend For $1 each.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2017   #4
peebee
Tomatovillian™

Everytime I see posts like this, I check my local HD, WM & Lowes; they NEVER have anything on clearance . In fact, all three of these stores seem to stock less and less of anything these days, it's like they are planning to gradually close. The only "bargain" I am familiar with is when bags of soil/mix are open or torn; they used to be 50% now they are a whopping $1 off retail, wow what a deal. For $1 off you get to risk getting dirt all over your car and then on your driveway after you get home.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2017   #5
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
Everytime I see posts like this, I check my local HD, WM & Lowes; they NEVER have anything on clearance . In fact, all three of these stores seem to stock less and less of anything these days, it's like they are planning to gradually close. The only "bargain" I am familiar with is when bags of soil/mix are open or torn; they used to be 50% now they are a whopping $1 off retail, wow what a deal. For $1 off you get to risk getting dirt all over your car and then on your driveway after you get home.
I found and bought a couple of the City Pickers boxes for my Mom on clearance a few years back at the Lowes on the corner of Crenshaw and 120th by the Hawthorne Airport you may want to check there. I found them online and called ahead to confirm they had them.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2017   #6
peebee
Tomatovillian™

HTG, that would not be that close to me. I saw it once when I went to that airport just to eat at a restaurant close by. It is a huge store, maybe that is why it is so well stocked.
I did happen upon those half wine barrels once on clearance at Lowes, @ $5 ea. They were originally about $40, but were in bad condition. I took the 2 best and hubby managed to fix them up. They are several years old now and still in good condition.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2017   #7
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Peebee, just went out and checked our half wine barrel that my wife's said been here for thirty six years with same plant in it! Although it's engulfed by the agapanthus it's still intact!. Wish they were so expensive, I remember when they'd give them away to anyone who would haul them off! The Winery's would give you all you wanted.lol. Jimbo
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2017   #8
agee12
Tomatovillian™

Home Depot is having a Spring Black Friday 2017 sale starting from 3/30 (today) until 4/9.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Featured-...g/N-5yc1vZcg8x
Old December 21, 2017   #9
agee12
Tomatovillian™

Has anyone come across any good year-end or clearance deals at Ho,e Depot or any other store??

Last edited by agee12; December 21, 2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old December 24, 2017   #10
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Home Depot sales vary by store. I never see deals on their website.
Look for the yellow tags down the aisles and check the price if you spot one.

My latest HD yellow tag good buy was about 3 weeks ago. I bought Bonide all season dormant oil for fruit trees $3 reg about $12.

They should have some good prices on tool gift sets in the next week.

Wal Mart b&m slashed prices on garden items at the end of the summer in my area. Keep an eye on their website for a good buy (and let us know too!)

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2017   #11
maxjohnson
Tomatovillian™

Ecoscraps tomato fertilizer 4lbs for $1.80 each, regular price is $6.98.

I cleaned out a store in my area (Broward) so you might have to check more than one store. Sorry if I got a bit greedy, but I'm set for a couple years I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1211.JPG (188.0 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1223.JPG (182.9 KB, 381 views)

Last edited by maxjohnson; December 31, 2017 at 04:24 PM.
maxjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2017   #12
maxjohnson
Tomatovillian™

Free cats too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171231_123002001.jpg (264.7 KB, 380 views)
maxjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2017   #13
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

Look like post Halloween mark-downs!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2018   #14
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I would make a good advertisement for EveReady batteries.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2018   #15
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjohnson View Post
Ecoscraps tomato fertilizer 4lbs for $1.80 each, regular price is $6.98.

I cleaned out a store in my area (Broward) so you might have to check more than one store. Sorry if I got a bit greedy, but I'm set for a couple years I think.
Just ran across this same deal here in MS. Bought 5 bags of the Tomato Food and 3 of the Leafy Greens Food. Little over $15 for 32 lbs of plant food.

Tempted to go back and get more at that price, but I have never used the stuff and wondered if it was a solid product. Anyone have experience with this line?
JohnJones is offline   Reply With Quote