Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 17, 2017   #16
JoParrott
Tomatovillian™

I just watched the video, and although the tomato may be seedless, it does not look appetizing to me. The cracking may be weather related, but I don't kike the white flesh inside. I prefer tomatoes that are fleshy with very few seeds, so I grow beefsteak varieties.
JoParrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2017   #17
Brent M
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoParrott View Post
I just watched the video, and although the tomato may be seedless, it does not look appetizing to me. The cracking may be weather related, but I don't kike the white flesh inside. I prefer tomatoes that are fleshy with very few seeds, so I grow beefsteak varieties.
I understand what you're saying. I'd ask that you stay for one more video. You might be amazed. I'm not trying to distribute this plant's seeds. It was a tool and is no longer with us.
Brent M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2017   #18
JoParrott
Tomatovillian™

Sure- I am always ready to learn from everyone- I am 83 years old and always amazed at the things I don't know! After 50 years of gardening in the South and now the PNW, it continues to be a challenge!I am already thinking of next years garden---I hope winter is not as bad as last year.
JoParrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2017   #19
Brent M
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoParrott View Post
Sure- I am always ready to learn from everyone- I am 83 years old and always amazed at the things I don't know! After 50 years of gardening in the South and now the PNW, it continues to be a challenge!I am already thinking of next years garden---I hope winter is not as bad as last year.
Wow, the PNW and the South. You REALLY need to watch next week's video.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #20
Brent M
Tomatovillian™

Default Final Video on How to Make a Seedless Tomato is Sunday

If you've watched my first two videos, you'll see where I said this is easily done, but can only be done with one tomato variety. I have crossed this variety with 6 beefsteak tomatoes. I am attempting to breed the wonderful genetics of this one variety into big, beautiful, mouth-watering, beefsteaks. Until Sunday's last video, here are 5 of the 6 F1 crosses, seed saved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crosses.jpg (103.5 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Brent M; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:30 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #21
Brent M
Tomatovillian™

It seems that my pictures are too big on the page. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #22
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

You need to reduce the file size of the photos before linking to them. Most sites have a way to do this. Where do you keep your photos? Someone here can surely show you how on whatever site you use.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #23
Brent M
Tomatovillian™

Future information on this topic will be here: http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46020