Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 15, 2021   #21
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Well it’s mid October and my season is done here on Vancouver island. Picked the last of them yesterday and settling in for a big rain as Vancouver island is in the bullseye for an atmospheric river heading our way over the next 48 hours. I havent posed too much here this summer for lack of time but I do post frequently on NorthernGardenerCanada on Facebook and IG so please feel welcome to follow there if interested.
I’ll have more time now thst the garden is winding down
Overall a challenging year in many ways with Abnormal heat being the main feature earlier in the season. Dry dry dry kept me watering often daily as well. It’s a little hard to pull out healthy plants but it’s also nice to see them last the full season outdoors here especially once the rains finally came since the beginning of September.
These are the last of my tomatoes for this year and hopefully the last of them will ripen into the beginning of November.
Some exciting plans into 2022 shaping up and I will be releasing sweet baby Jade in tandem with my friend Teresa Smith very soon so stay tuned for that. We will also post that here on when the time comes.
It’s a bushy dark green potato leaf dwarf about 2.5’ tall with lots of beautiful green when ripe sweet cherries. Quite delicious and very different
Here’s my dining room table at the moment. Off to make another batch of tomato something
KarenO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 849CA119-E6E3-42F1-B726-C67666C6D485.jpg (232.1 KB, 332 views)
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote